PDA

View Full Version : Boy scout camp out and shoot

DIRT Farmer
10-06-2012, 11:03 PM
I made a run to Friendship IN today, obglations kept me from spending the whole weekend there. This weekend a group of scouts around 200, camped on the range and spent today and will get to do more tomorrow, shooting muzzleloaders, air rifles, 22 rifles muzzleloading pistols and shotgun on trap. As usual the muzzle loading rifles seemed most popular.

A bunch of kids, though down almost half from last year, spending the weekend learning about shooting. Several parents plus the leaders also. There were quite a few volenteers from the NMLRA helping. This is our future and on a day like today it looks brighter.

Alan

Jim
10-07-2012, 08:53 AM
This country so badly needs that. When I was a Scout, shootin' .22s on the range was as common an activity as goin' swimmin'. You say somethin' about teachin' kids how to shoot these days and you get "GUNS?!! OH, MY GOD!! You're a TERRORIST!!"

WILCO
10-07-2012, 11:15 AM
This country so badly needs that. When I was a Scout, shootin' .22s on the range was as common an activity as goin' swimmin'. You say somethin' about teachin' kids how to shoot these days and you get "GUNS?!! OH, MY GOD!! You're a TERRORIST!!"

Commies are known for spreading ignorance Jim.