PDA

View Full Version : Scored some lead

dk17hmr
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
While at work today at the cabinet shop, we were stockin the Kiln to dry out some white and red oak, being the smallest/youngest I was on top of the pile in the kiln to move the rough sawn boards around on the pile and space them.

We were getting to the top of the kiln and I looked down and saw a big chunk of something in a board, I told the other guy to hold up a second, I pulled out my pocket knife and popped out a peice of lead. Looks like a muzzleloader bullet as it was pretty flat and in the middle of the board.

Another 5 years of stockin the kiln I might get enough lead to fill my 6 cavity mold.

redneckdan
05-30-2007, 06:01 PM
thats nothin, I came across a 850lb billet of pure lead at work today, I'm tryin to figure out how to harvest that one. It woulda crushed my wifes toyota, not to mention i don't have a pot big enough.

ktw
05-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I have access to an MTU Pettibone here in Alberta. Kind of an all-terrain forklift. That will handle it. Have a neighbor with an MTU Ford 1 ton...

You get us in, I'll get it out.

;-)

A more elegant hack would be to generate a work order having MTU transfer it from the main campus down here to Alberta for 'experimental purposes".

-ktw