PDA

View Full Version : Demoralized

Whitespider
05-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Well, it was bound to happen. I stopped at the local GM dealer today, asked about WWs. I’ve known the service manager for years, he said “heck yes, take all ya’ want”. They had a 5-gal bucket over flowing and a small box half full. He helped me load the bucket and I picked up all the WWs on the floor, threw them in the box and loaded that up. He told me he’d call me when a bucket was full again.:-D

When I got home I started to pull some out of the bucket so I could lift it. Something caught my eye, funny lookin’ WW with ZN stamped on it. Yep, a zinc WW, several of ‘em, and steel and plastic weights too.

And trash, :holysheep trash. And about thirty pounds of stick on weights. By the time I sorted out the zinc, steel, plastic, trash and stick on weights I ended up with only 2/3 bucket. Darn demoralizing.:(

Still, they’re free :mrgreen:, I can’t complain too awful much. But finding those zinc weights did freak me out some :-x. I sure would hate to miss one and get it in with the melt.

Netherwolf
05-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Well, like you said, at least they were free. I just lost my only supplier of free WWs - said they have to turn them in to their supplier. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
Netherwolf

Bass Ackward
05-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Whitey,

Demoralized? I know exactly how you feel son. Why my wife is twice the woman I married. :grin:

Mallard57
05-30-2007, 08:36 AM
I wish I could get demoralized like that, it usually costs me $20.00.
Jeff

Whitespider
05-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Well, I’m feelin’ much better tonight. Came in off the road today and stopped to make an appointment to get the company vehicle serviced. Those guys gave me (more free) a full bucket, helped me load it and told me to keep the bucket. Got home and opened a cold one, sorted through the bucket. No tape weights, no zinc and ...... NO TRASH!
I tellin’ ya, NO TRASH! I found three valve stem caps (two chrome) and just ONE rubber valve stem, that’s all, no bull!

We service all our company vehicles at this place, and we do the radio work for their service trucks. I didn’t even know they did tire work. They asked if I’d like them to save all their used WWs for me!

mazo kid
06-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Whitespider, if you don't want those stick-on weights, I would be happy to take them off your hands. Besides shooting cartridge rifle and pistol, I also shoot muzzleloaders so am always looking for soft lead. Thanks. Emery

Winger Ed.
06-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Stick ons are OK.

Just wait for a windy day when you can go out and melt them.