PDA

View Full Version : White Castle Discount

Bad Water Bill
10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I stopped to get some sliders tonight and was told that they have INCREASED their senior citizens discount from 10% to 15%. IIRC their discount starts at 55 years of age.

I feel any co that helps me with an increase in their discount should get a little bit of praise here.

After over 100 years it is still family owned.[smilie=w:

x101airborne
10-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Man, White Castle is the BEST 0230 food you can ask for. I miss those little burgers. Good for them increasing their discount.

EMC45
10-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Love White Castle. Thery were all about in NJ when I lived there. More often than not in a bad area though.

dragonrider
10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Have heard a lot about White Castle sliders. Even saw a segment about them on one of the History channel, alas I have never partaken of them as they don't exist in New England.

Bad Water Bill
10-05-2012, 03:29 PM
If you have an ALDI Foods store near you they carry White Castles in the frozen food section.

30 seconds EACH in your micro wave and they are ready to go.

Works for me every time.

Boz330
10-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Man, White Castle is the BEST 0230 food you can ask for. I miss those little burgers. Good for them increasing their discount.

You got that right but mass quantities of beer usually preceded the 0230 trip to WC. In Cincinnati when I could still stay up till 0230 we would alternate between there and Skyline Chili.:mrgreen:

Bob

Firebricker
10-05-2012, 05:31 PM
IMO White Castle has the best cup of coffee you can get from a fast food joint. FB

boatworks
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Have heard a lot about White Castle sliders. Even saw a segment about them on one of the History channel, alas I have never partaken of them as they don't exist in New England.
There used to be a White Castle in West Springfield,Mass.

EMC45
10-06-2012, 03:05 PM
You got that right but mass quantities of beer usually preceded the 0230 trip to WC. In Cincinnati when I could still stay up till 0230 we would alternate between there and Skyline Chili.:mrgreen:

Bob

I'm sure you were a joy to be around the following day.........

Ed Barrett
10-07-2012, 11:35 AM
When I was much younger, there was an urban legend, that if you eat 6 White Castles before you went to bed you wouldn't have a hangover. From personal experience it doesn't work but the burgers taste awful good. They used to have spicey mustard that really set the taste to perfection.
I remember when they were 12 cents each and their motto was "Take home a sack"

Bad Water Bill
10-07-2012, 12:18 PM
I remember when mom used to clip the White Castle coupon out of the Tribune. 5 White Castles for .25

One time we got them and the next time it was a neighbors turn.

You could smell the Castle a block away with those fried onions. Yes the line was that long.

Boz330
10-08-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm sure you were a joy to be around the following day.........

The next day in the airplane was pretty rough. The gas expands as you climb higher.:groner:

Bob

9.3X62AL
10-08-2012, 02:24 PM
The next day in the airplane was pretty rough. The gas expands as you climb higher.:groner:

Bob

O....M....G

No White Castles here in the PRC, but most of the fast-food joints in town knock off 10% for us Experienced Citizens (55+).

Bad Water Bill
10-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Other than W C the ONLY fast food in OBUMMERLAND that used to give a discount was Wendie's but they stopped that several years ago. No free lunch here except for the vultures (politicians).

I have seen a loooong list of national chain stores that give discounts to SENIORS and VETS but not here at all.

Roundnoser
10-08-2012, 03:58 PM
No White Castles here. Closest one to me is in Youngstown OH, I think (about 1-1/2 hours away)! I Love WC burgers. Especially the cheese burgers. We called them "Belly Bombers" or "Rectum Rockets"...Either description is absolutely accurate!

Bad Water Bill - Aldi does carry the frozen WC, but its just not the same! It might get me through in a pinch, but there is nothing like walking into a WC and smell them cooking on the grill.

popper
10-08-2012, 04:20 PM
My first WC was in Vicksburg, years ago, I was starving and it was the only place open. I had to scrape the onions off (they just don't like me). I have a NAM Vet friend who told me about Vet ID cards. With that you get a discount at most anyplace. He has Parkinson's now, VA said it was agent orange exposure and fast-tracked his treatment. I've heard a lot bad about the VA but it is working for him.

Boz330
10-09-2012, 11:27 AM
KY has just started Stamping Veteran on our drivers licenses if you show them a copy of your DD-214. Makes the discount thing much more convenient.

Bob

9.3X62AL
10-09-2012, 12:03 PM
These fast food "senior discounts" are largely unheard of down south (Redlands, Yucaipa) where our kids live and where Marie and I came from. A large portion of Ridgecrest's population is retired Navy, owing to the close presence of NAWS China Lake. That may have something to do with it. It ought to, in any event.

popper
10-09-2012, 12:16 PM
boz - I'll suggest that to my state senator, we're kind of retarded in Texas.

9.3X62AL
10-09-2012, 12:29 PM

HAH! Hardly--Texas is happily taking in every California business or entrepreneur that wants out of this Mastercard Marxist/Birkenstock Bolshevik hell-hole.

Boz330
10-10-2012, 08:29 AM

I thought that it was pretty stupid till a friend who is big into the American Legion explained how many companies give discounts to Vets. Much easier than carrying your DD-214 around. Mine is in pretty delicate condition after44 years. The quality of the copy paper back then wasn't quite as good as today.
There are a lot of restaurants giving out some nice perks around here on Veterans Day. Of course Ft. Knox isn't far away, so a pretty big retirement community along with active duty.

Bob

popper
10-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Actually checked it out today, it can't be used for military purposes. It is recommended to prevent ID theft from DD214s. I didn't check the cost. VA Does recommend it.

dagger dog
10-10-2012, 05:10 PM
I can remember when burgers at the WC Lounge were 5 cents everyday, a buck would get you 2 sacks of 10, they had fries and Coke, and that was it.

The buildings were almost big enough to hold 5 stools and a carry out, drive throughs weren't even thought of then.

Bad Water Bill
10-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Lets not forget why they were called PORCELAIN PALACES.

There are 3-4 homes here in town built the same way. Never need painting and the color never fades. Walls and ceiling clean up with a damp sponge.

Talk about another labor saver. IIRC their burger flippers were patented and another burger chain (who shall remain nameless) bought napkins from W C when they got started.

abunaitoo
10-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Never had one.
No shops in this state.
I've seen them in the supermarket frozen section.
Past experiance has been that frozen is never as good as fresh made.

dagger dog
10-11-2012, 07:49 PM
To all you burger lovers that have never had the chance to sample the White Castle.

They start with ground beef pressed into a 3"square 1/4" thick and 5 holes in the shape of 5 on a die, placed on a bed of sauted minced onion, all ingredients cooked on a grill 50 at a time, when done the fresh yeast bun 1/2s are stacked on top of the burger pattie to steam for a few minutes, then the pattie along with a portion of the onions are placed in between the buns and a couple dill pickle slices added, and the sandwich is placed in it's individual box.

Most young men (you remember when you had a hollow leg?) can easily eat 12 or more, I could. Now a 1/2 dozen will satisfy. I like the brown spicy mustard on mine (available on ordering or you can get the little packets).