PDA

View Full Version : Our gun store got hit last night.

Del-Ray
10-04-2012, 06:02 PM
At 2:46am 6 Gents from Detroit ran a stolen van through one of our windows and went for the AR/ak's, the kimber case, and the handgun ammo.

So check this out. Do you know what Livonia's reaction time is? The guys were in the store less then 25 seconds, the cops were there BEFORE they were all out of the shop!

I guess it really helps when there's a cop car parked all of 100 feet away. HE heard the crash and go there before the alarm went off.

They caught the guy tying to run with a sack containing about 90 pounds of assault rifles. They got two more an hour later trying to act like bushes RIGHT BEHIND THE STORE. Now they got an additional 2 more about 45 minutes ago. Got most everything back, maybe missing a "few" handguns. But hopefully the second arrests netted a few more.

This is great criminal masterminds here:

They came in wearing tyvek suits, masks, and gloves. Stole the van that night, and had cased the place out.... THE NIGHT OF THE ROBBERY! We're taking a leap of logic that the 6 black guys that came in, didn't buy anything then left right at closing MAY have something to do with it.

It was like out of the movies, 2 guys to the rifles, two guys to the Kimbers, and two right to the ammo. Less then 25 seconds!

You should see the guy on the video, trying to get into the case! 10 hits with a 3 pound sledge! Tried the old jewelry store "bash in the top trick". I didn't work till he accidentally hit the metal edge, which shattered the glass underside, and made the lexan pop up. The other two cases were not entered successfully.

A hell of a day. At least they got 5 of the 6, I'm sure the rats are squealing as we speak. Of course this is all alleged, nothing official till they get a trial..

They really messed up. Don't they know you aren't supposed to commit any crimes till AFTER they get to vote? I hope they sent in their absentee ballets....

Jailer
10-04-2012, 07:43 PM
They can still vote while they are in jail up until the point they are convicted. Messed up but it's true.

More than likely a few of the fine fellows that have been pouring out into the streets over the last couple years from the joint. Got to love the re entry initiative and all the "good" work it's done to save the tax payers so much money. :???:

Frank46
10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Sounds like the idiots who hit my buddys gun shop. Stole an suv and rammed it through the back wall after they cut off the power. Small town like this word spreads pretty fast and they got caught. When he closes all handguns go into a large safe. Signs stating this all over the shop. Time before that they tried and succeeded in ripping off partway the steel barred door on the front entrance. someone reported it and they got caught. All local idiots. Frank

L1A1Rocker
10-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Damn! Glad they got the guys but how much damage was done to the firearms in the process? AND, how long will your inventory be held up in the police locker gathering rust?

Slow Elk 45/70
10-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Yup, sounds like they ben watchen the tube a little moe dan they shoud[smilie=b:
I'm sure that we are all going to see a lot more of this kind of activity befor very long......:groner:

FISH4BUGS
10-05-2012, 08:52 AM
My Class 3 dealer has probably a hundred machine guns on the wall in his beautiful indoor range. He rents these guns along with all other kinds of guns.
I have always worried about someone breaking in the same way - smash & grab. I think they might have a hard time doing it though.
There are jersey barriers all around the building, crash proof steel doors that close down access to the area, a direct alarm to the PD, and more security cameras than Fort Knox. But still.......
I know it isn't my business, but I really like and respect this gentleman. He has worked hard and built a great business (Yes, Mr. Obama he DID do it himself)
I would HATE to see anything happen to this wonderful business.
I can only imagine the shootout that would happen if they catch them in the act......

Houndog
10-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Too bad these "poor misguided youts" didn't get a terminal case of Lead poisoining for their efforts! Now the taxpayers must must house and feed these dregs of society for GOD knows how long as well as pay for their legal defense!

Carolina Cast Bullets
10-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Similar thing happened right here in North Augusta. Only difference was the shop owner was there, heard the alarm and confronted 3 "misguided youts". The three made the decision to attempt to "bully" the shop owner. One of em remained at the scene with a very sudden and severe case of lead poison, the other two went for help at a nearby Waffle House. They didnt get the help they wanted. North Augusta Police Dept "helped" them to the pokey where they remain today.

Gotta love silent alarms

popper
10-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Poor youts just need more rehab time. Think I'll tape some of those late nite 'wild justice' shows for my GKs. Kids doing drugs and drinking, just looking for trouble and think it's a joke. A little 'consequence' training.

Del-Ray
10-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm sure the process of being tossed out of a moving van scratched em up pretty good. I've been thinking of getting anther Kimber... And I collect to shoot not to keep em unscratched in a safe. A hell of a story to a gun like that!

And Livonia is pretty good, we have the AR/AK's back. Probably a few weeks on the handguns. We have a very good relationship with the cops here.

km101
10-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Too bad "SWAT" wasn;t around! (Save Willie A Trial) They all had just broken into a gun shop! They could be presumed to be armed and dangerous! Just "SWAT" 'em and save the state some money!!

Del-Ray
10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Update:

Got the last guy, and got all the firearms back!

They chose.... poorly.

David2011
10-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Awesome! No stolen guns floating around from this one. If the judge has any gumption, bail will be too high for them to roam the streets.

David

DCM
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
A couple of years back they were doing "drive thrus" at WI gun dealers.
After a couple of these most places put in 6"-8" concrete filled posts in front of the places or the big concrete "Beruit blocks" that put an end to that tactic fast.
One place had some nice folks try entering thru the ventilation system only to find it was a loooong way down and once they were in and tripped the alarm there was only one way out, ... in handcuffs.
Proper planning pays!