PDA

View Full Version : Lee 100th Anniversary Party!!

Gliden07
09-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Went to my clubs 100th Anniversary party today with my Girlfriend. What a GREAT time!! They had a Hot are Balloon you could ride, Troy industries was there giving out hats, shirts, patchs, stickers etc... Savage Arms was there with a nice selection of rifles to shoot including a 300 Win Mag!! The 300 and 308 were a dollar a shot the rest were free including the Troy Industries AR's and an internally supressed .22 LR AR. Shot all of them and had a ton of fun!! Well I was ready to go to check out the rest of the entertainment when I heard someone mention that a Gentlemen from Comm2A (An orginazation in MA that Litigates and is working to protect & restore Gun Rights in Mass) had brought a 50 Caliber rifle that he was gonna let participents of the celibration shoot!!! It cost me 10 bucks for 2 shots!! This Gun is a BEAST!!! I pulled the trigger and all I could feel was the concussion from the muzzle brake!! Absolutly put a Grin on my face like a kid on Xmas morning!! Continued on to the Skeet field shot there and watched some people that were into Midevil Fighting with swords made out of something similer to Bamboo but it was solid!! These guys really beat the Hell out of one another!! My Girlfriend and I had so much fun!! The best part was after all the shooting I did I did'nt have to clean 1 Gun!! :bigsmyl2:

Olevern
09-30-2012, 07:48 AM
Sounds like a great tiime was had by all.

Jeffrey
09-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Medieval guys = Society for Creative Anachronism (most likely). We have a great time. More than just fighting. Brewing, vinting, drinking, music, leather, casting, lots more arts and sciences of the middle ages. http://sca.org/

Gliden07
09-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Medieval guys = Society for Creative Anachronism (most likely). We have a great time. More than just fighting. Brewing, vinting, drinking, music, leather, casting, lots more arts and sciences of the middle ages. http://sca.org/

Pretty interesting to listen to them explain the history about the weapons they were using and how they were developed. All while they were beating each other with the equivalent of a small baseball bat!! Even with the protective gear and homade Armour it had to hurt!! The Armour that some of them had were works of Art!!