PDA

View Full Version : Our best friend

GT27
09-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Had to put our dog down today, had been with us 12 years.The whole family's distraught,please pray for us!:cry:GT27

http://i49.tinypic.com/2q2psf4.jpg

45nut
09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
I feel your pain,, my Chevy has been gone 4 months,,and it hurts.

tryNto
09-28-2012, 07:01 PM
So Sorry to hear. They really fill a place in our Hearts.

Been over 2 years since Toby was put down, Miss him everyday and Still shed a tear once in awhile.
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss261/tryntoo/Toby3.jpg

PS Paul
09-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Ohhh, sorry for the loss. They really are the best friends a man and family can hope for in life because they NEVER disappoint you or turn their back on you or steal from you or hurt you or lie to you- they just keep on lovin' you, that's all.

Since I buried our Doberman Maxx 8 years ago, I have not been able to get another dog becasue the heartache was just too great. Me and the kids will say a prayer for you tonight cuz I'm gettin' a little choked up right now......

Dframe
09-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Been years since the canine love of my life died. Still miss Sadie Jo.

gsdelong
09-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Last one hurt so much we have not got another, but I sure miss at least one dog around. PS Paul I had a doberman named Max(Maxine) daughter thought it sounded more protective:)

Goatwhiskers
09-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Truly man's best friend. You can leave the house for 5 minutes, forgot something, and come back in, your dog is beside himself with excitement for your return. Your wife turns around and says "darn, you back already?" Seriously tho, I feel for you, been down that road and it ain't fun, that dog was a member of your family, hold on to the pleasant memories, of which there are many. The hurt will fade. GW

DCP
09-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Dogs leave paw prints in our home and in our HEARTS

Sorry for your loss

PS Paul
09-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Last one hurt so much we have not got another, but I sure miss at least one dog around. PS Paul I had a doberman named Max(Maxine) daughter thought it sounded more protective:)

gs, I can see how your daughter might see it that way. LOL!! I'm sitting here in my office and had to actually shut the door and close the blinds so staff don't see me getting cholked up......

This thread has brought back just a flood of memories and it still hurts just as much now as it did back then.

10-x
09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Sorry for your loss, in our prayers. Remember ,"a Dog wags his tail with his heart".;)

ElDorado
09-28-2012, 09:39 PM
It's been a while since I had to put down a dog, but we have two now that are getting on in age, and I dread the day. Heart and prayers to you and your family, GT27.

Jeff

44man
09-29-2012, 10:50 AM
I can't do it---why do you make me cry? I will hold an old dog in my arms first.
Yes, I had to do away with some that were beyond help and the pain never goes away.
I only hope they are with God and I will see them again.

GT27
09-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Thank you to all that replied.Its nice to know there is still compassion,and caring people among the masses out there,we all at times take each other for granted and there is no guarantee that tomorrow will be here for any of us. The right thing to do is give your loved ones,and even the unknown the acknowledgement that they all deserve, after all how hard is it to say "hello" to somebody?Too many people hang their head nowadays!! Funny how it takes losing one to realize what you had to start with. God bless you all,and thanks again! GT27

RED333
09-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Having to do this tack is the hardest thing an Owner has to do.
I, we have put down a few in the past few years, very hard, make me shed a tear now.
SO sorry for your loss.

gandydancer
09-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I feel your pain. we lost one in august. there is no greater love. someone once suggested locking your dog and you wife in the trunk of your car for 10 mins and then let them out and see who's happy to see you. GD

timspawn
09-29-2012, 03:16 PM
I lost all three of my pets in a house fire Sept 3rd 2011. It's tough but gets better with time.

DCP
09-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Well

If this doesnt make you laugh your really in the wrong place

I just love it.

I feel your pain. we lost one in august. there is no greater love. someone once suggested locking your dog and you wife in the trunk of your car for 10 mins and then let them out and see who's happy to see you. GD

WILCO
09-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Dogs leave paw prints in our home and in our HEARTS

Sorry for your loss

Ditto for me. Stay strong.

Murphy
09-29-2012, 04:58 PM
My heart and prayers go out to your family. No animal on earth, loves a human back more than a dog.

Murphy

1Shirt
09-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Man's best friend is quite often not his wife!
1Shirt!

gray wolf
09-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Very sorry for your loss, been there got the tear stained T shirt.
I have never fully recovered from the loss of one of my dogs.

Alchemist
09-29-2012, 11:17 PM
My Mom's lapdog is 12 years old, and since Mom passed in early August he seems more feeble and down in the dumps. I'm pretty sure he knows Mom is gone, and I think dogs mourn in thier own way.

My condolences on the loss of your pooch. They truly do become members of the family.