PDA

View Full Version : Afganistan Footage

Boz330
09-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Soldier wounded while filming a firefight that he was in. Some bad language involved.

http://www.whas.com/pages/tonycruise.html?article=10453366

Bob

MtGun44
09-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Sorry to see him get hit. Doesn't seem like he has any cover most of the time. Hard to tell
much, but looks like he is on an open slope, near zero cover and really difficult to see where
the enemy is located.

Bill

ElDorado
09-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Looks like he sure was in a bad place. Here's the story from the youtoob page:

No rounds penetrated his body armor, and he made it home with no permanent injuries. This happened in Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
*READ* From the cameraman:
" I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

This footage is part of an ongoing documentation of the war in Afghanistan. Subscribe for more footage uploaded daily.

09-28-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm glad he wasn't injured and made it home safely.

missionary5155
09-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Good morning
If I ever meet that trooper I will sure buy him lunch.
Mike in ILL

jmsj
09-29-2012, 10:34 AM
I give thanks for our troops daily. From the stories I hear from family and friends this happens on a regular basis. Funny how we don't hear much about ongoing the bravery of our US servicemen but they sure let us know what is going on w/ the lindsey lohan and paris hiltom types.
I'm glad that he made it out with no permanent physical injuries, hope they all do. Le.t's keep them in our daily prayers
jmsj

Got-R-Did
09-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Roger That, JMSJ! We include all the Soldiers everywhere and our LEO and FireFighters in daily prayers. My little Brother spent three tours in Iraq before he retired. Our Father is Ret US Army and a Vietnam Vet; our Grandfather was a WWII Vet so the debt we owe our Soldiers is never far from our minds. I spent three years as an MP stateside in garrison and combat support duties, but never saw action (unless you consider fighting with intoxicated guys at the NCO Club answering trouble calls while on duty).
I am glad this video and many more like them are out there, seems all we hear about are how we somehow have offended the sensibilities of people who wish to subjugate the rest of the world to their myoptic view and return to the world of 1,000 BC in their little corner of the litter box.
Got-R-Did.

JeffinNZ
09-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Rather him than me. Incredible footage of the rounds hitting near his feet.