PDA

View Full Version : Recent Mold Shipments (Which Ones)

TCLouis
07-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Seems like there was one shipped lately that I was in on and I have not seen one in the mail.
Which mold has shipped lately (other than 45)?
Maybe it was a dream or just my my "new mold anticipation".

Oldfeller
07-17-2005, 08:57 AM
6.5 Kurtz ships "soon" (late to second set of promises)

180 grain .357 ships in a few months

Those are the two I am watching anyway

Oldfeller

Buckshot
07-18-2005, 05:21 AM
............Yup, the 6.5's should be here this week. Today I hope! The 45 pistol bullet was sent after the 6.5 but got done sooner. Doug said the 6.5 was delayed due to the installation and setup of a brand new machine, and it was the first ones done on it! Maybe they figured a big ole sloppy 45 could still be done on the old machine and held the skinny long 6.5 back?

The 311440 should be up on the horizin pretty soon as it went in not too long after the 6.5 did.

...............Buckshot

jcunclejoe
07-18-2005, 03:46 PM
6.5 Kurtz ships "soon" (late to second set of promises)

180 grain .357 ships in a few months

Those are the two I am watching anyway

Oldfeller

Where can someone check on the progress of those orders without calling and bugging Lee? Is there a website where the progress is logged?
Thanks.
Joe

TCLouis
07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
OK, I'm infor the 44, 311, and 6.5.

I thought I had read where something was being shipped and my mail box contained only ads and bills and I thought I had missed something.

45 2.1
07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
6.5mm is probably in the mail to Buckshot
311440 is being cut
44-250 is in the order stack at LEE

Buckshot
07-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Where can someone check on the progress of those orders without calling and bugging Lee? Is there a website where the progress is logged?
Thanks.
Joe

Dis be da place. Doesn't do much good to bug the nice phone ladies at Lee. They don't know squat, and don't appear to be overjoyed about asking 'The mould guys". When the order is submitted they give you their best guess. My 6.5 order was placed early May with a tentative mid-late June delivery.

I went with that until the 'late June' part slide past, so didn't feel bad about waking up the nice phone ladies at Lee and aggravating them a bit. Got a call back from Doug (one of the Mould Guys) explaining about their new machine, & etc. Assured me I'd see them this week. If not my Thursday, I will call again and incurr the wrath of the nice phone ladies, (who don't know squat) to find out what's up.

I suppose the other custom mould authors are waiting for their "Either-Or" time to lapse, before calling to do battle with the nice phone ladies at Lee. And they don't know squat, either :D

...............Buckshot

Oldfeller
07-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Onliest real "knows squat" person is Dougie hisself and I swear he will sometimes sit on a slightly screwed up mold job for a bit good bit of time after he knows it is fouled up hoping that extra bit of "late" will make you willing to take some minor deviations rather than make him have to recut all the molds.

(or he is reluctant to call his boss's wrath down on his head, take your pick).

Oldfeller

madcaster
07-18-2005, 11:11 PM
When can one expect the BD45CM orders to be shipped to the buyers?
I ordered one,and I am in no rush,but just want to get an idea.
Thanks,Jeff.

Buckshot
07-19-2005, 12:00 PM
...........Col Anthony B is the author of that one. He's on leave and away from the comp until 7-26. Since he said the checks had been cashed, I suspect the order was placed the first of this month. Just guessing but I'd look for the moulds maybe in Sept, but that's a guess using 6 weeks as a minimum.

...........Buckshot