PDA

View Full Version : 40 Smith and Wesson

oldbutcher
09-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Where can I find load date for Remington 155 40 cal bullets, Have Lyman, Horniday, Spear and Hodgdon Load books, Remington bullets not listed. Any suggestions

runfiverun
09-26-2012, 11:08 PM
go by the bearing length and shape of the bullet. [use what's closest in the books pictures]
start low and work up.

Shiloh
09-27-2012, 11:07 AM
What RFR said.

Same thing for cast.
There are countless molds varieties and limited info for a specific boolit or bullet. Often your particular
slug isn't listed. Find something close and use the proven techniques of starting low and working up.

SHiloh

Cadillo
09-27-2012, 11:40 AM
I load and shoot that same bullet. I used to work for Uncle Whiskers and was issued a lot of Remington ammo in .40 cal., but it is too hot (as in destructive) to shoot in my personal guns. I pull the ammo down and load that bullet with 5.2 grains of WW 231. I get good accuracy with this load, not real hot, but good for paper targets.

As always, check loading data against published sources!

Where can I find load date for Remington 155 40 cal bullets, Have Lyman, Horniday, Spear and Hodgdon Load books, Remington bullets not listed. Any suggestions

oldbutcher
09-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks to all for replies and help. I have been reloading since 1962. Also casting since 1973 for black powder rifles, but I am new at reloading and casting for hand guns. The reason that I asked about jacketed bullets is because I have browsed other forums and the people on this forum seem to be more helpful and knowledgeable. I believe " if in doubt seek help".

\Thanks once again--Old Butcher

Shiloh
09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks to all for replies and help. I have been reloading since 1962. Also casting since 1973 for black powder rifles, but I am new at reloading and casting for hand guns. The reason that I asked about jacketed bullets is because I have browsed other forums and the people on this forum seem to be more helpful and knowledgeable. I believe " if in doubt seek help".

\Thanks once again--Old Butcher

I cast better and more accurate boolits from the knowledge gained at this forum.
THousands of years of combined knowledge here.

Shiloh