PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Deputy Al!

Gunload Master
05-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Happy Happy Birthday Deputy Al!:drinks: :drinks:

rugerman1
05-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Sent ya an envelope with a small gift:lovebooli

JudgeBAC
05-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Happy Birthday; hope you have many more and send lots of lead downrange to celebrate.

wills
05-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Had I not scrolled all the way down the first page I would have overlooked this most auspicious of all occasions. Happy Birthday Al, and many happy returns.

MT Gianni
05-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Happy Birthday, AL. Gianni

NVcurmudgeon
05-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Happy birthday to the poster child for retirement without looking old enough to be called "geezer" or "codger!"

waksupi
05-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Happy big one, Al!

Buckshot
05-25-2007, 02:56 AM
................You guys be gentle with him. He's really an OWLD guy :-) ! Happy B'day dude!

..............Buckshot

SharpsShooter
05-25-2007, 07:00 AM
There ya go, another year shot in the foot. HAPPY Birthday Sir. (We is supoposed to say Sir to our elders ya know)

SS

KCSO
05-25-2007, 10:28 AM
A Reporter is in the sticks interviewing a old grizzled one eyed mountain man and she asks what the secret of his longevity. He says" I drink a bottle of whiskey a day I chew tobacco, eat NO vegetables and have bacon every other meal". The reporter said,"thas amazing, How old are you". "I'll be 35 next week".

Keep up the healthy living Al, congratulations.

robertbank
05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Hope you had a happy one Al.

Take Care

Bob

cobbmtmac
05-25-2007, 11:10 AM
:drinks: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AL!!! Hope you had a wonderful Day! Looking forward to seeing you June 21st. or so. :Fire:

9.3X62AL
05-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Many thanks, all of y'all!

Bill, I only wish I felt as youthful as you allege my appearance to belie. My rotten youngest daughter told me recently that a rest home in my dotage would never do--her preference was to set me adrift on an ice floe for the polar bears.

I knew it was time to retire when the youthful miscreants at work started calling me "The Jurassic Narc" during my later/2nd assignment to drug lab work.

The final indignity occurred last night at dinner, where my younger step-daughter (who works at the restaurant) asked how her job as waitress differed from my first job--bussing tables at The Last Supper. The kids LOVE that reference.

Gussy
05-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Happy birthday. Who's oldest on this forum?
Gus

NVcurmudgeon
05-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Many thanks, all of y'all!

Bill, I only wish I felt as youthful as you allege my appearance to belie. My rotten youngest daughter told me recently that a rest home in my dotage would never do--her preference was to set me adrift on an ice floe for the polar bears.

I knew it was time to retire when the youthful miscreants at work started calling me "The Jurassic Narc" during my later/2nd assignment to drug lab work.

The final indignity occurred last night at dinner, where my younger step-daughter (who works at the restaurant) asked how her job as waitress differed from my first job--bussing tables at The Last Supper. The kids LOVE that reference.

Both of my children, at ages around six, asked me on different occasions, very seriously, if I had known Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, and even Methuselah. The topper was when Melissa asked me in a coffee shop if there were restaurants when I was young. For once, I had an answer. I told her, "No, dear. We hunted and gathered and ate everything we got on the spot. If we had brought it back to the cave somebody bigger would have taken it for himself."

KCSO
05-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I was typing a report at work when a young fellow came in and saw my M19 Smith on the desk, "what's that Chief?' "Thats the gun I was issued in 1971", I replied. He looked at it a minute and said," I heard they carried those in the old days". "Yeah, me and Wyatt Earp each had one". Then he went on,"Say Chief, did you know your gun is 6 years older than I am".

What do you say???

Ben
05-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Happy Birthday AL:

I always enjoy reading your comments on this board.
Good Shooting....

Best to you,
Ben

MT Gianni
05-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Both of my children, at ages around six, asked me on different occasions, very seriously, if I had known Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, and even Methuselah. The topper was when Melissa asked me in a coffee shop if there were restaurants when I was young. For once, I had an answer. I told her, "No, dear. We hunted and gathered and ate everything we got on the spot. If we had brought it back to the cave somebody bigger would have taken it for himself."

My youngest, quite seriously asked when they invented colors? He knew it was in my time because I would watch old black and white movies. Gianni

Bret4207
05-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Happy B-day ya ol' fart!

Phil
05-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Congrats old fellow. May your VA facility be close at hand and staffed with competent help. Amazing the parts that I never knew I had until they started breaking or spoiling. Many more happy birthdays to come.

Cheers,

Phil (who has taken his sleeping pills and is almost incoherent.)

scottiemom
05-27-2007, 08:12 AM
A very happy day to you!!!

Lloyd Smale
05-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Happy birthday Al!!

9.3X62AL
05-28-2007, 12:08 AM
All you ladies and gents are far nicer than I deserve. MANY THANKS, again!

TDB9901
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Been on vacation and haven't been checking the posts, so I'm late, but happy belated greetings, and hope you had a good one...:drinks:

Tom