PDA

View Full Version : E-Z pull trigger assist

1Shirt
09-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Don't know if it has lbeen discussed before, but if so I missed the thread.

I bought a Sav. Axis in 223 last spring. Had a trigger that was someplace between bad and worse. Probably let off at better than 6 lbs. A friend of mine gave me an E-Z Pull Trigger assist that for some reason would not fit on his 270. I put it on the Axis, and what a difference! It is an odd looking thing, sort of like an upside down trigger with a roller bearing that contacts the factory trigger. Made the factory trigger light off at less than 3 lb, and it actually seems crisp. With cast today, was able at 50 yds to stay under an inch with 5 shots, and one 5 shot group went into under .4. Think I am going to have to buy one for my Stevens 308 which has a trigger almost as bad as the Axis was!
1Shirt![smilie=w:

captaint
09-21-2012, 09:49 AM
That's odd that you can "bolt"something on that will actually improve a nasty trigger. I'm impressed. Hafta look into this. thanks enjoy Mike

runfiverun
09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
yep mechanical advantage.
havent seen one of those e-z pulls for some time now.

KCSO
09-21-2012, 11:18 AM
But they are an attachmen,t and anything attached can and will go bad on you in the real world. They are all right for the range but I wouldn't take one hunting. The other problem is they are wider than the triggerguard. Don't trust anything in the field that has 6 screws to work loose and hangs out farther than the trigger guard.

1Shirt
09-21-2012, 03:58 PM
I agree, only intend to use for range use or for p-dogs from the bench! However, for those uses it is excellent! Cabelas sells them, not cheap however!
1Shirt!