PDA

View Full Version : i told them so!!!

GP100man
05-24-2007, 08:12 PM
my cuz shoots deer out of his soybeans at night ,dont worry he has permits & uses alot of the meat, but he came to me & asked me what happened to ammo prices. he shoots a 300mag & he has saved natta brass & its his own fault because i told him so!!!!

i priced up components for 200rnds(he shot 174 times last yr but i doubt it was one shot one kill)he said wheres the saving money reloading ammo ,so i had to explain the difference between hand loading & reloading!!!

he left kicking his own butt mumbbling something about being to lazy to bend over or sumttin to that effect, he still hasnt give the go though.

GP100 man

GP100man
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
fishhawk

the cans is the first thing i hit when i go to the range (im not bashful either)
some people shake there hheads & some strike up a conversation about reloadin!!!
i went to an indoor range & they said I had to throw emptys on the floor , i told them to pucker up & give me my $ back they obliged me & never laid eyes on me again to this day, one said if some customers saw me that they would want to keep theres also so now i shoot out doors , where it was meant to happen!!!

GP100man

:castmine:

Jim
05-25-2007, 06:23 AM
I ain't proud. I'll hit the trash cans time I hit the range. Even though I got 9 tons of brass, Somebody is always lookin' for somethin' I don't shoot, so I save it all.

357maximum
05-25-2007, 08:04 AM
I really need to start hitting a rifle range other than my own private one......that guy and his chronies do not throw nothing away[smilie=1: ....all this free brass I keep hearing about has me frothing at the mouth.....except for an outing with Jeff223 last summer, i have not been to a club or public range in years unless it was with a shotgun in my hand...I pick all the good ones of them up though, and I bought an O/U just to keep my hulls..........my hulls.

Ed Barrett
05-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I pick up brass at the range I don't have a rifle for, hoping that some day I'll buy one. I remember one day at the range I picked up over 40 Norma 7.65 Argentine, I have 5 Argentine rifles and it took a week to get the smile off my face.

NVcurmudgeon
05-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I pick up any centerfire brass I can at the range I shoot at. It isn't very much, but whatever it is I can use it, trade it, or scrap it.

Uncle R.
05-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Wow - I must be shooting at the wrong range. The club I belong to has LOTS of reloaders and it's very unusual to find brass laying around. Even if someone were to leave his brass behind the next guy to show up will grab it.

Old Ironsights
05-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Our club has a fairly strict "if you didn't shoot it, you can't have it" brass policy...

'Course the Scrap Value they get from the left brass helps pay the rent...

smokemjoe
05-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I shot at a range in Fla. three years ago and no one saved their brass, In front of the benchs it was 3-4 in. deep. I told the shooters that up north its like a sin to throw your brass away. Then the shooter were putting their brass in my bucket. I loved going there to shoot. Joe

Baron von Trollwhack
05-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Save the Wolf 45 ACP steel cases you find. Boxer primed, mild steel. They reload easily, and you get a lot of free balogna from your buddies too. BvT

grumpy one
05-25-2007, 09:01 PM
At my local range one of the officials or officials' associates walks around late in the day and picks up any good brass, which he apparently sells as a personal business venture. Occasionally someone walks around asking shooters if they want their discarded brass during cease-fires. Before these practices developed it just got trodden into the dirt or tossed in the garbage bins.

BluesBear
05-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I keep a small Mr Clean brand hand broom and dustpan in my range box.
I ain't shy about scrounging brass. If I didn't reload I couldn't afford to shoot.