PDA

View Full Version : A tough 3 weeks and then......

Johnch
09-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Well last week I had the opperation on the rotator cuff :groner:

Now I am in a sling for 3 more weeks
Then rehab
I plan on hunting and shooting on good days after I get a OK from the Doc (non pain pill days)
They gave me nerve block
So I had no pain till the next day
Now I am having some LOL
Several decent bucks are feeding nightly in the hay and wheat feild
So I just have to play tag with them

John

Olevern
09-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

HORNET
09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Don't try to push too hard on the rehab and undo the surgery. You should get a full recovery, they've been doing a LOT of these that I've heard of with very good results. I hope that all goes well for you. Get somebody else to help drag those heavy bucks out of the fields, don't hurt yourself.

Bob Krack
09-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Well last week I had the opperation on the rotator cuff :groner:

Now I am in a sling for 3 more weeks
Then rehab
I plan on hunting and shooting on good days after I get a OK from the Doc (non pain pill days)
They gave me nerve block
So I had no pain till the next day
Now I am having some LOL
Several decent bucks are feeding nightly in the hay and wheat feild
So I just have to play tag with them

John
Have patience John,

You you are still young enough to look forward to many more years of hunting and so on.

Don't rush it and hurt yourself more.

bob

captain-03
09-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Yea -- Back surgery for me a week ago today ... stiff and sore but 90% better than I was a week ago!!

firefly1957
09-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Good luck Prayers for your full recovery.

frkelly74
09-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Get your hand gun and use it with your other hand. Blam.... your it.

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-20-2012, 02:33 AM
I have had the pleasure, super spinosa had separated from the shoulder.

Realistically, plan on three months before doing much of anything with that arm.

Don't ask how I know.

Rich
Sua Sponte

gmsharps
09-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Pay attention to the rehab folks and you will get back what is possible. For me I got 98% back but have to stretch it out every morning. Don't do things that you think you can until the rehab folks say you are ready. No need to undue the fix.

Good Luck

gmsharps

popper
09-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Like gmsharps says. I had it 15 yrs ago, having more trouble with it lately. 95% is better than 0%.

Wayne Smith
09-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Get your hand gun and use it with your other hand. Blam.... your it.

... And, get someone to field dress it, drag it in, and butcher it for you!

WILCO
09-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ditto for me! I got tired of the woodchuck at work taunting me, so I picked up an imaginary .22 rifle and popped off a couple of rounds. Felt good while doing it, couldn't find my empties though...........

shaggist
09-22-2012, 08:16 PM
I had my complete tear repaired August, a year ago, and could do nothing except a little rehab with the therapist for the 1st 3 months. He gave me exercises that I could do at home, and I have been doing those, plus a number of shoulder/upper arm strengtheners everyday ever since. I have gotten very good Range Of Motion back, and very good strength, but it is still not close to 100%, and I am beginning to believe I won't get it back to that. I am still weak in certain areas, even though I do exercises for those areas everyday. You will never get it back anywhere close to normal if you don't do your rehab religiously everyday. Don't miss one. It is very hard to get into the habit of the everyday workout, and very easy to miss one, then two, then a week.

I still have constant, low grade pain, and haven't be able to sleep in my bed in over a year. If I roll over on it, it is like being stabbed with an icepick in the shoulder. If you have a lounger or Laz-e-boy, sleep in that, so that you get a good nights sleep every night. If I am planning to go to a trapshoot, I have to take painkillers with me, or I can't make it through the shoot. But, at least I can shoot.

Good Luck with yours and keep at it. You won't regret the effort and will kick yourself if you don't.