PDA

View Full Version : Best new toy of the year nominee...

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-15-2012, 01:40 AM
The Cheaper than Dirt catalogs always have a couple neat things in them.

And, some things feel like Divine Direction. My local gun shop has had about fifty boxes of 5,56x45mm (223) blanks sitting in a corner gathering dust and cobwebs for over a year now.

Then the new CtD catalog arrives and there before my unbelieving eyes, for the measly sum of $19.97 is a golfball launcher using 223 blanks as propellant.
Yessssssssssssssss!!!

I go down to the gun shop, buy all the blanks, return home, and place the order for the launcher.

Exactly six days later, I have bought three dozen used golf balls from this old guy who sits on the road to the local golf course selling used ones as cheap as $6 a dozen, taken them home, spray painted them orange, and am enroute to my favorite range with my old Colt Sp-1 and the launcher.

Testing proves awesome, the blank will shoot these balls nearly 200 yards. At 100 they will dimple this old washer somebody dumped out there about half ball depth. Half an hour later, I have figured the holdover and have hit the old washer fourteen times in a row. I saddle up, go over and retrieve my balls, only lost one, and head for home.

I am happier than a pig in mud on a hot summer day!

You guys need to buy one of these!

Rich
Sua Sponte

**oneshot**
09-15-2012, 07:19 AM
Sounds like fun!!

10x
09-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Up till now a golf course was a complete waste of a gun range.

What is your handicap?
And how did the other golfers like the bang?

dragonrider
09-15-2012, 09:08 AM
I would have been using the ball launcher for a round of shotgun golf. It's like trap shooting using golf balls instead.

NSP64
09-15-2012, 09:38 AM
I gots to have one.

Now you just need to reload your blanks.LOL

NSP64
09-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I was just there,(i used to order stuff from them but its been a while) They have a 12 guage shotgun that looks like an AR for $579.00!!!!