PDA

View Full Version : Dimples

A Nimrod
05-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Just cast up about 300 rb and put them into my 1200 case cleaner no media and wanted to clean up the spur plate and casting marks when I went to get them they all looked like golf balls full of dimples big & small dimples will they shoot or should I redo them? TIA David

Blammer
05-22-2007, 06:06 PM
they should shoot just fine.

my kids played with a few of my 50 cal RB's and after they got done dropping them on the floor about 110 times, I shot em with dimples and all. could tell no diff in accuracy.

JeffinNZ
05-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Golf balls have dimples for a very good reason. They fly better.

Gun Junkie
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
As they say in programming it's not a problem, it's a feature!

Besides you guys that cast round balls need an extra step or two to go through before you shoot. I mean you don't size, pre-lube or put gas checks on your boolits. It's just not fair.

I'll bet you can put those dimpled boolits up on e-bay as a custom feature and make enough to buy a new smoke pole or powder horn anyway.[smilie=1:

I seem to remember buying some round balls some years back and they looked like you describe, perhaps they were tumbled in graphite or something. They sure were black, but they didn't corrode either.

kodiak1
05-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Hell they will hold more lube.
Ken.

Blammer
05-22-2007, 08:52 PM
LOL!.... hold more lube... good one!

ARKANSAS PACKRAT
05-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Warren muzzleloading, Ozone, AR ran all their round balls thru a parts tumbler (cement mixer w/o fins) to knock down the sprue nubs, made them by the millions, probably still do. Put little dimples on them!!!
Nick:mrgreen: