PDA

View Full Version : back home

Lloyd Smale
05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
still in lots of pain but the operation went well according to the doc and hopefully ill heal up this time. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

lovedogs
05-22-2007, 12:11 PM
You just take it easy for a while, Lloyd... and read all your e-mails from your concerned shooting buddies.

HORNET
05-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Lloyd,
Glad to hear thaty things went well, now don't undo that fine work by trying to get up and do too much too soon. I know recuperation time is the pits and daytime TV is about as bad as a do-it-yourself vasectomy kit but let things heal. We're all pulling for you:drinks:
Best wishes, Rick

454PB
05-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Take it easy and let the healing begin.

As you may remember, I worked in the power industry and knew a lot of linemen. Most all of them have some level of back problems, due to the terrible positions they are in while doing gut busting work. Is this what started your problems?

tommag
05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Hopefully the pain subsides soon and you are in better shape.

VTDW
05-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Take care brother and go real slow for a while.

Dave

seawolfjack
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Take it slow Lloyd and you'll heal better. The older we get the longer it takes SOOOOOO take it slow fow a while. Glad everything worked out well.

Lloyd Smale
05-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Im sure my job was the cause of my problems. As you know it can be a very physical job at times.
Glad to hear it went well. Take it easy and let the healing begin.

As you may remember, I worked in the power industry and knew a lot of linemen. Most all of them have some level of back problems, due to the terrible positions they are in while doing gut busting work. Is this what started your problems?

MT Gianni
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Glad you're home, rest up and let things heal and you will be back to full strength by hunting season. Gianni

schutzen
05-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Lloyd, best of luck to you, our prayers are with you. But try to be a good patient. The doctors are very serious when they say, "Don't lift, don't climb' don't do anything in excess!" Trust me on this one, I ignored them and I hurt because of it. Take care of yourself, there is too much lead to be redistributed one shot at a time. We need your help to get the job done!

monadnock#5
05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Just kick back, and let us try to keep you entertained.

Ken

Uncle Grinch
05-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Loyd,

Let your family and loved ones do things for you. It helps you heal faster and they get satisfaction from your acceptance.

Take care.

ez4545
05-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Good to see you made it ! I hope this one does the trick for you. Drinking a lot of water helps your spine!

Take care

Bill

Gussy
05-22-2007, 06:28 PM
You're going to have to heal up. The shooting industry is in shock at the loss of income. Leave that 45-70 hand cannon alone for a while!!!

Best wishes for a speedy and FULL recovery.
Gus

Halfbreed
05-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Lloyd, glad to hear it went well. Hopefully it will remain so. Take care of yourself and let the family help out too. Take time to heal. were all pullin for ya.
John

Gun Junkie
05-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Take care Lloyd. Glad to hear you are home, let yourself be waited on and just rest up, maybe you can come up with some good ideas in the cast boolit world while you're ah contemplating.

DLCTEX
05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Hang in there and heal up good, our local lineman had back surgery recently, seems to follow the trade. May be a good thing I only worked at it for two years. DALE