PDA

View Full Version : Unknown muzzleloader

Whitehunter10189
09-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and to muzzleloading. I am seeking info on a muzzleloader I got after my dad past. It has always sat in the safe and now I wanna take deer with it and would like to know where it came from. It is a 50 cal percussion cap with 28 inch octagon barrel and wood stock. It has "armsport miami flo." stamped on top of barrel along with number 5102. On the left side it says "black powder only,cal 50. Made in Italy". It also has number 29026. It has letters PN under a star and letters AE inside a rectangle. There is also stamp of two swords over a shield. I have no idea who manufactured the gun. I have found that armsport was an importer of European guns. And that most where made by investarms. However if it where made by them it should have an "I" inside a square. Any and all information on this gun would be very much appreciated. Thank u.

colonelhogan44
09-12-2012, 01:55 AM
:brokenima
Pictures?

Czech_too
09-12-2012, 06:24 AM
The letters "PN" under a star are a black powder proof mark belonging to Gardone & Brescia of Italy.
Can't help you, at this time, with the others.

Boerrancher
09-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Welcome to the forum first of all. I can't help you with your gun ID, but there is not a large number of Italian manufactures who make black powder firearms, so it should not be that hard to track down.

Best wishes,

Joe

pietro
09-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Please accept our condolences on your Dad's passing.

FWIW, The frontstuffer's a typically in-expensive Italian-made import - so I'd advise that you load about 90gr of FFg of Holy Black, or the equivalent of Pyro RS, under a lubed 325gr conical boolit, and go become a deerslayer.

:Fire::Fire::Fire:

Rojelio
09-12-2012, 09:26 PM
The AE inside the rectangle indicates it was made in 1979.

Whitehunter10189
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks to all of you for your help. I took the info you guys gave me and did some digging. There are actually three stamps with stars and all are the proof marks of gardone. The AE means it was made in 1979 and since there is no manufacturer stamp it was made by the proofing house. Thanks again for all of your help. I'm sure I will be posting more questions as I journey into the world of black powder.

59sharps
09-12-2012, 10:21 PM
pictures