PDA

View Full Version : Latest Ruger No. 2.....

Harry O
05-21-2007, 06:49 PM
After my wife shot my Ruger No. 2 in 30-40 Krag (a Ruger No. 3 with No. 1 wood on it), she said to do the same thing with hers. She has a Ruger No. 3 in .375 Win that I load with BP (sort of a faux 38-55). I have shot it with full power .375 loads, but not very much. Literally black and blue marks on my shoulder. So I was only too happy to change it for her.

While I had it open, I put the hardwood shim between the barrel and the firing pin sping bar. My wife never shot it a long enough range to make a difference, but when I first got my 30-40 Krag, it strung vertically after a few shots. Adding a shim to that one when I restocked it, stopped the stringing. I haven't shot it yet, but will have to try some longer range shots with it and full power loads. Sights are Williams peepsight rear and a target front. They are both sized for the concentric targets my wife shoots at.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/496116-big.JPG

Jack Stanley
05-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Nice looking rifle , it does look more comfortable than the slippy sliding plastic plate of the number three .

I had one chambered in two two three that would shoot good groups . It's just that every day the point of impact would move somewhere else . I didn't much care for them after that , but they do look classy .
Jack