PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Frustration

Dogg
09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
First let it be said I generally like Rossi 92s. I have 11 so I must generally like them. HOWEVER, The last 3 of 4 that I have gotten are really trying my patients. The 4th one a 16" big loop 45lc was out of the box probably the best one I have ever gotten. But...
1.My Rossi 454 had problems with the extractor, just would not extract, after many calls to Braztech and more filling and fitting on my part the thing finally worked, but the rifling was so ruff i finally gave up and sent it back to
Davidson's hopeing they will send me another eventually.

2.Rossi 20" octagonal.Started to do my Steve's Guns tune up and lo and behold there are no threads in the frame where the tang/hammer screw goes into. In fact the hole is big enough for the scew to scoot right through. When looked at closely looks like it was overbored and the tap just barely touched metal.

3. Puma 454, the butt to tang fitting has about 2 to 3/32 of proud metal, yuck. And then the screw that goes into the forearm hanger is way to short and doesn't even begin to touch the threads even when clamped in a vice.

Am I pissed with the current quallity control? You bet I am. This may be the last purchase from them.

Silvercreek Farmer
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I recently purchased a '92 in 44 mag, and I have been pretty pleased so far, but it certainly wouldn't win a fit and finish contest...