PDA

View Full Version : Act of Valor......

WILCO
09-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I watched it. Found myself not caring for it. Didn't like the way they put out our trade secrets and tactics. Seems to be the norm these days......[smilie=b:

runfiverun
09-08-2012, 07:16 PM
we allready trained everybody elses troops to conform to our tactics there ain't a whole lot of secrets anymore.
how do you think nato operates?

mtnman31
09-09-2012, 09:51 PM
I didn't have very high expectations for the movie but was pleasantly surprised by it. I thought it was a very well done movie. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It is about the mission and not much else - there isn't a phoney love story side-piece or some hokey story of double crossing and treachery at the highest levels.

I do agree with the original post - too much media infiltration into our military these days.

MtGun44
09-09-2012, 11:59 PM
I thought it was well done. We have trained a lot of Central American countries' armed
forces and special ops folks. The Mexican Zetas ultra violent drug cartel are apparently
US-trained spec ops gone bad.

Not a lot of tactical training info that isn't already out there.

Happy to see our guys getting the credit for at least a small part of what they do all the time.
These guys are beyond brave and really do deserve the much overused term "heroes".

It also might give some of the bad guys the idea that a change of career path might
be healthy. Not likely many, but maybe a few are bright enough to change.

Bill

Wal'
09-10-2012, 12:50 AM
we allready trained everybody elses troops to conform to our tactics there ain't a whole lot of secrets anymore.
how do you think nato operates?

We have a bunch of your Marines training down here at the moment.

The first group of an ongoing training schedule. [smilie=w:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2fxGiXzL7Q

Silvercreek Farmer
09-10-2012, 10:53 AM
It got a lot better when I remembered the actors were actual troops!

Ole
09-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I loved the scene towards the beginning where the bad guys had the good guys pinned against the river then the patrol boats appeared like angels from heaven. :mrgreen: