PDA

View Full Version : My new casting table!!

bld451
09-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Finally got it in the garage. It was a lot of work, but man is it going to be nice. The table has a crank on it so I can raise or lower it, and it's metal so it's easy to clean up. It even has slots to sweep my drips into so they don't get in the way. Farmer who sold it to me said he used the drill press that's attached to it, so it works! Didn't really want to move it, but he gave me such a deal, I couldn't pass it up. :)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_20433504ad91ac2ab7.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=6594)

Mooseman
09-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Uh ...Isnt that a Milling machine ?

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-08-2012, 03:02 AM
Yeah, that looks suspiciously like a milling machine.

bumpo628
09-08-2012, 03:02 AM
I believe it says Bridgeport up on the side there. You have got yourself a nice milling machine there.

The vise on that thing alone costs about $200. A used BP mill could easily go for about $2000.
How much did you get it for?

bld451
09-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Well, I guess I need to come clean. I've been looking for one for a while, and finally found one in decent shape for about $1700 or so. Got it in a package deal so it could be more or less depending on what I sell and for how much. Lots of grime, but the ways are chrome and nice. Spindle bearings are good and tight, and almost no rust. I think I'm going to tear it down, clean her up, replace a couple parts and rebuild the head. Should shape up to be a real nice machine. I'll probably end up with another $500 or so in it by the time I'm done.

The work to get it in the garage and the farmer part is true. It was in his heated shop, and he loved to grease his stuff, thus the nice preservation.

Space is at a premium now, so it will have to double as my casting table for a while. I sure don't mind, though!

Years I've been watching for one of these in good condition, but the $500 pristine deals just haven't come my way. I'm so happy I thought I had to share! :guntootsmiley:

Lefty SRH
09-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Nice mill, but when did Bridgeport start making casting tables?

Be VERY careful with those "sweeping slots", they like to hide some of your smaller tools too!

bbqncigars
09-08-2012, 10:31 AM
That's a sumgai deal! I think I'd just clean it up and then only fix things that really needed it. Most home shops won't put the wear on equipment that a commercial shop will.

GOPHER SLAYER
09-08-2012, 05:32 PM
The vise looks like an Anglelock, if it is, it cost well over 400 dollars new.