PDA

View Full Version : A question about questions I have!

hitch.bd
09-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Is this the correct forum to ask random questions?
For example, I was just reading on another web site about making your own jacketed / cast bullets from spent .22lr rimfire cases. Does anyone do this and what equipment do you have? Is there different types of equipment and where could an interrested individual find a vendor that would sell the equipment?
These are two of the random questions I would ask if this was the correct place to ask!!
Thanks for your time guys and gals!
I do not spend much time in this site, for this I am sorry.
Hitch

oneokie
09-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Read here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

hitch.bd
09-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Holy information overload batman!! Looks like I have a few days of teading ahead!!
Thanks!
Hitch

Wayne Smith
09-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Days of reading and years of saving pennies! Then you wonder, can I afford another hobby??

Moonie
09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Just days? I've spent YEARS reading here lol

hiram1
09-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Spend some time. we will Have a lot of fun .and the besy guys to work with and thay know there stuff,good folks good times.

Bad Water Bill
09-04-2012, 07:37 PM
This IS the site where the so called experts come to get an edjamicatiun.:coffee:

Many of the folks here could make a good living writing books on what they have learned oover their lifetime of casting boolits and reloading.

10s of K of years of experience here waiting for you to read and ask questions later.

firefly1957
09-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Hitch.bd Look into the swaging area if you are not rich the costs are high for bullet swaging gear there are some older sets that can be found that are worth looking for. I believe my set for making 22 rifle bullets are made by pacific and a modern press needs a new ram to use them. I was given the dies by a club member he also gave me a different style sets for .452 & .357 pistol bullets. Prices are mentioned in threads in the swaging area and it will take some time for you to catch up your reading on swaging.

hitch.bd
09-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Hitch.bd Look into the swaging area if you are not rich the costs are high for bullet swaging gear there are some older sets that can be found that are worth looking for. I believe my set for making 22 rifle bullets are made by pacific and a modern press needs a new ram to use them. I was given the dies by a club member he also gave me a different style sets for .452 & .357 pistol bullets. Prices are mentioned in threads in the swaging area and it will take some time for you to catch up your reading on swaging.
I have modern presses but I also have one of the old pacific presses. Old blue, as I call her, has a .223 ram on her.
I'd love a used swager if anyone knows anyone with one for sale!

Thanks to all with the knowledge base that I will be hitting up for answers in the coming months.
I did lots of reading and little writing when I first joined this site, now I cast lead bullets for 4 different cals and 12g slugs and #000 buck. I also am slowly( as time permitts) building a shot pourer to make #7 or #8 shot.
You guys were a great asset to me then and will in future!
Hitch