PDA

View Full Version : This Really Get Me

smokemjoe
08-30-2012, 11:24 AM
On a different web site a fellow wanted books, One fellow wanted my 35 lbs. of a out of print mag. Ended up pay me by Pay Pal which I dont do, or I had to do a tax form for him for a well known discount place. I said no deal
Next guy in line that is to get them gave me a zip code in the state next to me for shipping cost,a lot cheaper being next door, Well now he is mailing me a check now and he lives 4 states south of me and never told that, He got the shipping cost cheap ?? I never ever had any troubles on the site like this. Thank-you fellow . Joe

garym1a2
08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
You shipping thru USPS book rate? Its normally rather cheap.
Don't take checks and ship parts without a 3 week wait. He has already shown to be a untrustable person.

A check you think cleared can become uncleared.

On a different web site a fellow wanted books, One fellow wanted my 35 lbs. of a out of print mag. Ended up pay me by Pay Pal which I dont do, or I had to do a tax form for him for a well known discount place. I said no deal
Next guy in line that is to get them gave me a zip code in the state next to me for shipping cost,a lot cheaper being next door, Well now he is mailing me a check now and he lives 4 states south of me and never told that, He got the shipping cost cheap ?? I never ever had any troubles on the site like this. Thank-you fellow . Joe

9.3X62AL
08-30-2012, 11:37 AM
They're out there, though I have yet to encounter one on Cast Boolits. Caveat emptor, et caveat vendor.

imashooter2
08-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Don't worry. They'll be sure to post about how much of a problem you are to deal with and totally unreasonable to boot.

Moonie
08-30-2012, 01:00 PM
USPS money order can't be uncleared, protects the seller and the buyer.

koehn,jim
08-31-2012, 01:47 PM
You always have the optiom of saying no. If he cheated you on the shipping explain that you do not deal with cheats, otherwise you are teaching him bad habits.

montana_charlie
08-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Just send him half of the books.
When he complains, explain that since he is twice as far away as he told you he was, you only sent him half as much as you said you would.

CM

canyon-ghost
08-31-2012, 10:43 PM
PM the guy right back, get the shipping right. If he doesn't want it for what you ask, then he doesn't want it. They're adults, they can deal with it or not, Joe. It's up to you for the most part, how you want to sell to them. You can just refuse altogether.

Echo
09-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't understand. He may be giving them to his son as a birthday present, or somesuch. If he only wants you to send them somewhere other than where he lives, Where's the Drama? I guess he maybe made a mistake in the zip code, or maybe didn't give the full (nearby) address. Whatever - get it straight before you send them out...