PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on the Bullshop?

theperfessor
08-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Anybody hear anything about the status of the Bullshop? Are they back in business in any form?

Jim
08-28-2012, 08:36 PM
I may be very confused (very likely!), but last I heard, they were out of business for good.

theperfessor
08-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Not trying to start the mill grinding, but they were nice folks to deal with and when people ask about certain reloading items I'd like to refer them to the vendors here. Having a good experience with the Bullshop, I would recommend them. If they're not in business then I heard RandyRat was selling good mold lube.

JesterGrin_1
08-28-2012, 09:05 PM
I have no idea. A few people do but they are like the Dog on the Bean Commercial they are not talking lol. So the last I heard was they were shutting down to do a move. And then said look at the auction sites for there products. But gave no idea what Auction sites or where. So in other words POOF.

Too bad he HAD some good products.

runfiverun
08-29-2012, 01:25 AM
they have moved to the lower 48 and are not in business....
they are all doin pretty good but the boy's miss alaska.
daniel jr. stayed in alaska, is working on the north slope and is engaged to be married soon.
that's the latest as of a week ago

Bad Water Bill
08-29-2012, 04:57 AM
Is there any hope that they will stop by and say HI from time to time. I sure enjoyed their photos and stories. Also would like to see ANOTHER family photo just to see how the children have grown over time.

Dan and Tina made many of us feel like we were part of the family and suddenly they simply vanished.

Thanks for filling in with a little info.

runfiverun
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
grown is the operative word.
the boy's are all over 6' tall 6-3 is more like it.
i don't know about hearing from them here on the sight however.

Jim
08-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Run, THIS (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=1658301#post1658301) is the thread I was thinking of.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-29-2012, 07:50 PM
I do miss Dan's tales of Alaska wilderness and his reports of guns and shooting !
He was a very informative member...again, I miss him.
Jon

MT Gianni
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
They did say when they are back in business it will not be internet based.

runfiverun
08-29-2012, 09:51 PM
i know only abut 3/4's of the whole story on that one.
so i really don't wanna try and fill in the blanks when i haven't all the facts.
it just about led to a family break-up.

the whole thing was/is a mess, let's just leave it at that.

littlegirl and i talk to a couple of the boy's about twice a week [her moreso]
talking to dan and tina is more of a "how are thing's goin" type conversation.
dan might come back to the sight but he is busy with work and getting a handle on life right now.

runfiveslittlegirl
08-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey, now he's not engaged yet1
He is sort of paying for a ring for her.. Before asking her.
I dont even think she knows yet..
I just got a picture and an "is this right" type thing..

Blacksmith
08-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Tell him to get one with at least six prongs holding the important stones because if you only have four prongs and one gets snagged or bent you can lose the stone. Each opposite pair of four prongs is 180 degrees apart so if one prong is damaged the stone can slip sideways in the three that are remaining while five of the six prong mount covers more than half the stone. Something for you to remember when the time comes.

ammohead
08-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Why anyone with a legitimate business would post here and put up with all the whining, trolling and other plain bad manners that I see posted to them is beyond me. There are alot of people on this board in the last couple of years that need to grow up or go home. I have been hanging out with this crowd since 1999 and the low number of my posts is a direct reflection of the intolerance of this bad behavior.

Can't say that I blame the bullshops for staying away. I do.

end of rant.

ammohead

Ickisrulz
08-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Why anyone with a legitimate business would post here and put up with all the whining, trolling and other plain bad manners that I see posted to them is beyond me. There are alot of people on this board in the last couple of years that need to grow up or go home. I have been hanging out with this crowd since 1999 and the low number of my posts is a direct reflection of the intolerance of this bad behavior.

Can't say that I blame the bullshops for staying away. I do.

end of rant.

ammohead

Although I don't know why they left, I got to say the way they did it caused lots of turmoil and speculation on this site. People have a right to their privacy, but keep it 100% private. What we had was veiled accusations against a member (or members) of this site that were never clarified.

For the most part the Bullshop was supported and held in high regard by everyone. But the way they went out tarnished this in my opinion.

waksupi
08-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Hey, now he's not engaged yet1
He is sort of paying for a ring for her.. Before asking her.
I dont even think she knows yet..
I just got a picture and an "is this right" type thing..

Dawn, I heard he was buying it for you. Did he ask you your ring size?

Recluse
08-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Dawn, I heard he was buying it for you. Did he ask you your ring size?

:bigsmyl2:

:coffee:

runfiveslittlegirl
08-31-2012, 11:04 PM
Blacksmith, He already has it picked out me telling him wont help now.

Waksupi, my name is not Amanda G..
Nice try guys.. Doesnt look like its gonna work out.. lol

Blacksmith
09-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Oh well, anyone who has worked in a jewelry store for long has seen the tears when the engagement diamond was lost. Yes they can be replaced but for some reason the brides think it is not the same.

9.3X62AL
09-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Blacksmith, that's good info regarding the setting prongs. I'd wager a lot of young folks will be thanking you as time goes on.

R5LG, don't let that Waksupi character start up drama with you. I've seen R5LG shoot, Ric--I would select a less dangerous target if I was you! :)

runfiverun
09-01-2012, 12:48 PM
that is good advice.
someone got a bonus box of 500 boolits and one 1/2 carat diamond,a few years back.
that cost me some cash.

Char-Gar
09-01-2012, 01:17 PM
For the life of me, I do not understand why folks on this board just can't let those folks alone. What is "is" and what isn't "isn't", so just get over it and move on down the road of life. Don't keep coming back picking at this scab.

Oreo
09-01-2012, 04:12 PM
More engagement ring advice since we're on the topic... platinum settings are stronger and can be used even on gold rings.

Blacksmith
09-01-2012, 04:30 PM
+1 on the platinum wearing better and the price between gold and platinum are closer than it used to be.

WILCO
09-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Don't keep coming back picking at this scab.

Best advice.

Bob Krack
09-03-2012, 07:12 PM
For the life of me, I do not understand why folks on this board just can't let those folks alone. What is "is" and what isn't "isn't", so just get over it and move on down the road of life. Don't keep coming back picking at this scab.
Charles,

I am not sure what you mean...... Most messages above were of curiosity. Lots of us here cared an awful lot about the Bullshop establishment (and family).

Dan'l is one of the few people in this world I would say that I would probably "take take the bullet" for.

When I ask a question I am not trying to open a sore, I love his entire family as if it were it were my own. Disappointed that they have not kept in contact with me, but they will eventually. I am in contact with Dan'l Jr and his sister. MANY here are NOT.

Respectfully - Charles,

Bob