PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Muzzleloading Black Powder Rifle gun shoots

Fly
08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
:smile:Guy's we need more ole Traditional Muzzleloading Black Powder Rifle shoots.There
are not enough & it people like us to get more going.Your thoughts to do this.

Let us get a movement going like in the old days.

Let's hear each of your ideas.
Fly:smile:

waksupi
08-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Start one. We have around 16 or so "official" shoots every year here. Put an ad in the local shopper, tell people you are forming a club. You may be surprised how many show up.

newton
08-28-2012, 07:34 PM
There is one near me end of next month. Supposed to be a bigin. I'm going and taking my boy with me. In fact, I'm getting him a ML this week. I think it's a fine idea. Not to knock the evil black guns, but there is something to be said about a man who can handle a front stuffer.

Fly
08-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Yea! I wondered if there was enough interest.waksupi you are a very savey guy.Do you truly
beleive we could get intrust in our sport by doing such??If so I will give that a shot.

Fly

waksupi
08-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Local trader ad worked for us. We had over three dozen show up at the first meeting. They are out there. We allow patched round ball only, traditional ignition systems. A couple of the local shoots draw over 125 shooters usually.

Maven
08-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Fly, My club holds 2/yr., but many of our members don't bother to participate even though many own BP rifles, in-lines typically. We advertise in 2 local papers and 5 or 6 websites, including this one*, hang flyers in the local Gander Mtn., and still can't draw more than 12 - 15 shooters. Of necessity, we allow in-lines, but with lead bullets only. Our Sept. 9 shoot will be a Woods/Trail Walk, which we hope will draw a bigger crowd. One last thought, you may want to consider a postal match, but you'll need to select a target, distance, and possibly "scenario" just to make it interesting. "Jethro" (Jim Green) on the Traditional ML Forum, http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/fusionbb.php, does this almost every month. His latest brainchild can be found under Members Only Shooting Contests > Forum War! East v. West.

*http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=163206

KCSO
08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Upper Missouri Muzzleloaders, O'Neill Nebraska Traditional rifles only shoots monthly and fall dove hunt laborday and fall rendevous in October. Camping on range or at the Rendevous site 2000 acres of wilderness. Call 402-373-2730 for more information.