PDA

View Full Version : The Lone Ranger!

WILCO
08-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Picked up 20 episodes of the Lone Ranger from Walmart. It was part of their Heroes of the Old West collection. My favorite episode thus far was "The Legion of Old Timers". Really do love watching westerns. :grin:

JeffinNZ
08-26-2012, 08:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/JeffinNZ/Other%20stuff/the-lone-ranger-the-far-side-comic.jpg

WILCO
08-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Actually, it means"Faithful Friend".

Main Entry: kemosabe
Part of Speech: n
Definition: faithful friend
Etymology: has various meanings in Native American language
Usage: used this way in "The Lone Ranger' television show

08-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Yep, the Lone Ranger, without a doubt, was my all-time favorite childhood television program. Heck, since I'm not a tv watcher, it's still my favorite program.

It's a shame that the principles and morals that he and the program championed have long been swept under the carpet of liberalism.

Till his death, Clayton Moore was teaching kids the difference between right and wrong, and to believe in and hold strong to all that made America great.

There's much more to the Lone Ranger than just capturing bad guys.

WILCO
08-27-2012, 12:11 AM
There's much more to the Lone Ranger than just capturing bad guys.

Indeed!

cajun shooter
08-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Those days of watching all the Saturday morning shows for people of all ages is sadly lost for ever. I can't believe the difference in TV these days with all the disrespect for others.
There are many children today that call their parents by the first name and you will be very offended if in Wally World and hear 9 year old kids using the big F WORD.
My wife and I have told many of them to watch the language and they laugh and run away.
Our moral structure has collapsed and it shows every where you look. SAD, Very SAD. Fairshake

fecmech
08-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Whadda ya mean "Watching the Lone Range"! I used to "listen to the Lone Ranger" on the radio in the kitchen. We had a small radio on a shelf about 6' off the floor in the kitchen. When the Lone Ranger came on at 7:30 I would stand on the step stool with my ear against the radio for the whole show. HI Yo Silver!

Le Loup Solitaire
08-27-2012, 12:37 PM
TV wasn't around in most homes in the 40's and The Lone Ranger wasn't on it; you got it on the radio if your family could afford to have one. I saved up a few cents here and there and was able to buy the parts necessary to make a crystal set and that's how I listened to the LR shows. TV nowadays is just chewing gum for the mind. LLS

Larry Gibson
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
I used to listen to the Lone Ranger" on the radio, still do as a matter of fact. I remember the 1st 1 hr made for TV movie in the early, mid '50s. It was "The Legend of The Lone Ranger". I watched with eyes glued to the very small TV screen we had back then..........Always watched every episode there after on TV..........must be why I like casting bullets so much, learning that the Lone Ranger and Tonto had to cast those silver bullets...........

Larry Gibson

azrednek
08-27-2012, 02:44 PM
When Clayton Moore unmasked on TV, in a commercial no less. It was as depressing for me as when Clarabelle spoke on the last episode of Howdy Doody.