PDA

View Full Version : question for felix

carpetman
05-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Felix as the worlds accepted guru on lubes,I have a question maybe even you can't answer. This is not an attempt to put you on the spot. Can you name two uses for KY Jelly?

gregg
05-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Felix as the worlds accepted guru on lubes,I have a question maybe even you can't answer. This is not an attempt to put you on the spot. Can you name two uses for KY Jelly?

I'm not Felix but Love the stuff when it get used on my yearly check up.
Hate to think of not haveing it.
For bullet lube just hard to make it stick to the lube grooves and deal with.
Patch Lube its ok but drys to fast and can kill the powder charge .
tried KY on my pickup door latchs and it was terrible .
I know they sell tons of the stuff ?

felix
05-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Kinda hard to help you there, C-Man. I don't live in KY, but several of us board members do. I assume they might have lubed every object known back there, and therefore would be mo'betta for answers. ... felix

MT Gianni
05-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Skin and baseballs, don't try it on toast. Gianni [old sandlot catcher]

Maven
05-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Aside from its use as a "personal lubricant," movie producers use it to simulate slime. It can also be mixed with soap bubble solutions to make the bubbles more "durable" (something to do with surface tension of the solution?).

schutzen
05-17-2007, 12:07 AM
As a KY resident, I guess I should reply to this. I did a little research and found the following: 1) KY Jelly is unsuitable for toast, but it is palatable on biscuits provided they are smothered with large quantities of sausage gravy.
2) KY Jelly applied liberally over chigger bites and ticks cause both pests to disengage from your skin.

One other thing Carpetman may your next proctologist be a retired NBA player with swollen fingers. Then you will truly appreciate KY Jelly.