PDA

View Full Version : Gun show report

captaint
08-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Went this morning to the Oaks, Pa gun show. Much, much better than what I've been seeing lately. Plenty of primers, 29 bucks, plenty of powder, brass, ammo and tons of cast boolits. There were not a lot of vendors selling non gun related junk. Lots of guns, even at fair prices. Saw a nice new Rem 1911 in satin nickle that looked way prettier than the stainless one next to it. All in all, not bad. enjoy Mike

Joe504
08-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Nothing like down here. I'm in New Orleans, and I have not seen powder or primers at a gun show in a couple of years.

429421Cowboy
08-26-2012, 12:17 PM
That would be a rare gun show up here too, they are usually more "antique" dealers selling junk and vendors peddling surplus junk! It's not often you find a guy with many guns on his table or powder, primers, dies or moulds to sell.

rockrat
08-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Sounds like a good one. Too bad you are 1500 miles away!!

sparky45
08-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Yesterday I bought a lb. of CFE .223 for $17.00 and 1000 CCI SPP for $23. Not at a gun show but at my local gun club. Just one of the benefits of being a member. I didn't buy any but I noticed their Lead Shot was $35/25lb bag. At a show in Springfield two weeks ago, shot was $65 - $75 a bag. Someone is making money.

clodhopper
08-27-2012, 02:20 AM
I stopped at a very small gun in Upton WY on Saterday. Found lots of bullet moulds being sold by non casters, funds were limited but, bought two lyman bullet moulds and a nice pacific ingot mould for 60 bucks.
There were eight or nine Lees, about ten RCBS and Lymans, two lubrisizers.

This is an uncommon event having so much good stuff at such a small show.

mold maker
08-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Last show I attended, had lots of jewlery, very used parts, loaded ammo at rediclous prices, and only 2 tables with guns at reasonable prices. I came home with sore feet, and without the price of admission.
Total waste of time.

MANGYCOYOTE
08-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Don't know if this qualifies as a "destination vacation" but it could be a stop on the way!

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/frames.html

if they don't have it. you probably don't need it...

garym1a2
08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Last show I went to had way too much ar15 stuff. At todays prices for new ones you think they figure out profit margin was to llow.

km101
08-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Went to a meium side local gun show this weekend. There were plenty of primers ($29-$31 per thou) and tons of powder. I have never seen a shortage of either, but the price has been high. I usually just save my nickels until I can make a big buy and order from Graf's or powdervalleyinc.com They have much better prices than the gun show vendors, and you know where to find them if there is a problem.
Most of the guns I saw were new from dealers. Seems like BATF has pretty well killed off person to person sales around here. No one wants to chance getting arrested. I only saw a small amount of non-gun junk. This show did a pretty good job of regulating that.

largom
08-27-2012, 02:14 PM
I use a Cabela's visa credit card and charge all I can on it which I pay off at each billing cycle. This gives me points for items at Cabela's. I save my points up and make a trip to Cabela's once a year and get any powder or primers I need. Their prices are a little high but with the points I get it for free. Went 2 weeks ago and came home with $300.00 worth of supplies without spending any money except for fuel. Always coordinate these trips when there are small gun shows I can visit along the way.

Larry