PDA

View Full Version : SToopid mold handles!

Blammer
05-15-2007, 05:32 PM
OK, I just got a 35 cal 200 gr CGFP! whaaa hooo! it's RCBS

My lyman handles are about a thousandth too big to fit the grove!

ARRRG!

guess I better get out the sander....

454PB
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Do you have a file?

Blammer
05-15-2007, 07:27 PM
yep, got a file, I think the dremmel will do the trick right quick... :D

made me mad when I had the pot o lead hot and was swapping molds from the one handle, that I already cast from. It was my new TC maxi hunter mold.

It cast a bullet completely different than my other maxi hunter. Odd, i thought, hope they shoot. The new one has smaller closer together grease grooves and more of an ogive top and not as much of a hollow point. A dimple if you will.

Lloyd Smale
05-16-2007, 03:55 AM
buy a set of lee 6 cavity handles there about the most universal handles made.

Marlin Junky
05-16-2007, 03:56 AM
RCBS molds are designed to work with RCBS mold handles. You may screw up your 35-200FN mold by using Lyman handles because the mold halves will not pivot properly about the pivot points on the Lyman handles. Lyman molds are much smaller than RCBS molds and one glance at the two manufacturer's handles will tell you they're not compatible.

I use Lee 6-cavity handles on Lyman 2-cavity molds with good results but have never tried the Lee handles on RCBS molds... they may work but if the mold halves don't mate smoothly, I'd invest in a pair of RCBS handles. If you are going to be a boolit caster, you should own plenty of RCBS molds within the next couple of years.

MJ

Lloyd Smale
05-16-2007, 06:56 AM
the rcbs handles will work on a lyman mold too but not vice versa.