PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get casting equipment in Canada?

glowe
08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Good day all. First post.
Love this site.

I live in Toronto Canada, I'm looking to start casting boolits for 9mm and 308.
My problem is that it's hard to finds any stores that have the gear. I know that I can get everything online, but shipping is a killer.
Does anyone know a store in toronto that sell's casting equipment?

Thanks

Greg

Le Loup Solitaire
08-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. Once when I was working in Labrador I was able to order from Midsouth Shooters Supply in Tennesee, Midway, although not as good on shipping rates as Midsouth also shipped to Canada. Midsouth has the better prices anyway. Nowadays everyone takes a beating on the shipping for anything sent to anywhere. Its part of the great "modern drift". If you prefer to do business over the counter you might search up names and addresses of dealers in Detroit; I don't remember the mileage, but if you are looking for a lot of stuff it might be worthwhile to make and outing of it and drive over to get it there. If you get good stuff you'll have to do it only once. LLS

R.M.
08-25-2012, 12:26 AM
I used to deal with these guys 15 years ago. They're in Port Perry, a lot closer than Detroit for you. They might not have it in stock, but I'm sure they will get whatever you want.

http://www.williamsarms.net/

Nrut
08-25-2012, 12:42 AM
I live out west but normally order my Lee casting equipment from:

http://higginsonpowders.com/directions.html

HIGGINSON POWDERS INC.
2708 HIGHWAY 34
HAWKESBURY, ON K6A 2R2
CANADA

Most other casting gear is ordered from the states as there are few if any stores that carry that kind of equipment here..

blackthorn
08-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Have a chat with your local sporting goods/gun store and see if they will order in what you want.

quilbilly
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Many fishing tackle "pro shops" carry Lee lead pots for anglers making their own jigs and spinner baits. That will help since the lead pot is usually the heaviest item to ship outside of lead.

nanuk
08-25-2012, 09:00 PM
try this guy

w w w.dragonbulletlube.com/

i have bought from them

Northerner
08-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Wholesale Sports. But they are in AB so you would have to order. Higginson is also good.

My usual approach is to get a bit here and a bit there. I'm starting to cast for the 7.62x39 and hope to have everything lined up by December. I'm probably over optimistic.

MT Chambers
08-25-2012, 10:29 PM
If you are particular about your equipment, go with Grafs, Midsouth, Buffalo Arms, shipping may be less then inside Canda. This will make the following avail. to you; Lyman, RCBS, and Saeco molds and tools, also check out the "group buys" on this site, sometimes they have molds ready to ship from past GBs.

zuke
08-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Take a ride up to EPP's,it's well worth it.

glowe
08-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks Guys, Tons of info.
I'll heading up to Epp's Thursday morning. They has most of the stuff I want.
Love this site, thanks again.

Greg

I must say making boolits is too addictive.

quasi
08-28-2012, 09:53 PM
you will find Midsouth and Grafs much cheaper thaan Canadian dealers, even with shipping. For Lee use Factory Direct sales. In all cases use U.S.P.S. for shipping, not Fedex, U.P.S., ...

Canuck Bob
08-29-2012, 11:52 AM
I just placer an order for my first electric pot, a Waage, from Buffalo Arms. The couple of calls it took to decide were excellent. They ship large items Fed Ex, much better than UPS. Items under a hundred come USPS.

Higginson and Epps treat me great with mail-orders to western Canada.

blackthorn
08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
UPS WILL rip you off on shipping "surcharges" on stuff shipped from the US to Canada!! Biggest bunch of bandits around! I don't know about Fed-x.

zuke
08-29-2012, 09:06 PM
I just placer an order for my first electric pot, a Waage, from Buffalo Arms. The couple of calls it took to decide were excellent. They ship large items Fed Ex, much better than UPS. Items under a hundred come USPS.

Higginson and Epps treat me great with mail-orders to western Canada.

Make sure you have the vasoline handy when the package show's up!