PDA

View Full Version : Gone for a day.

44man
08-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Friend called for help making a lean-to on his barn. He never said it was 48' long! [smilie=l: Four of us spent the whole day framing it. I can hardly walk today. Too old for that stuff.
I got him started with the pitch and cuts but it took us all day. No breeze and it was hot.
I opened my mail this morning and had 168 E mails, crazy as heck.
I left the wife taking out my little dogs and she went nuts. [smilie=s: One is so laid back she wants to just lay in the sun before going potty. Now she knows what I go through. We have a lot of toads and after dark she wants to find them. She never forgets where one was either so I have to keep her away from them. I carry her to the end of the yard and she will circle to where the toads were.
Where do toads come from? Seems they need water and tadpoles like a frog. Just how do they appear?

08-24-2012, 10:24 AM
"Just how do they appear?"

Toad stools?

Hardcast416taylor
08-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Friend called for help making a lean-to on his barn. He never said it was 48' long! [smilie=l: Four of us spent the whole day framing it. I can hardly walk today. Too old for that stuff.
I got him started with the pitch and cuts but it took us all day. No breeze and it was hot.
I opened my mail this morning and had 168 E mails, crazy as heck.
I left the wife taking out my little dogs and she went nuts. [smilie=s: One is so laid back she wants to just lay in the sun before going potty. Now she knows what I go through. We have a lot of toads and after dark she wants to find them. She never forgets where one was either so I have to keep her away from them. I carry her to the end of the yard and she will circle to where the toads were.
Where do toads come from? Seems they need water and tadpoles like a frog. Just how do they appear?

Those, what you thought were blue herons, that were near the ponds and other water supplies are in actuality toad-storks bringing in a new supply of little toads for your dog to be curious about. The barn project is a good idea - for younger hands and stronger backs!Robert

44man
08-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey guys----:groner:

blackthorn
08-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Toads don't come from toadstools-----thats where they sit!

44man
08-24-2012, 01:15 PM
I love you guys, tell me more. :shock:

Reaper
08-24-2012, 03:32 PM
'Somewhere in there squats the toad of truth'.....Sheldon Cooper, Big Bang Theory

Crawdaddy
08-24-2012, 04:29 PM
No no no, Toad stools are the droppings from a Toad.

Three-Fifty-Seven
08-24-2012, 04:49 PM
toad!

44man
08-25-2012, 08:22 AM
We have a huge one on the deck, good 5" across. I don't know how he got up the steps! :-)
I wonder if they eat the slimy slugs to get that fat?

smoked turkey
08-25-2012, 11:35 AM
If I toad you guys you wouldn't believe it!