PDA

View Full Version : Raton NM

Boz330
08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
My shooting buddy called and left a message this morning. He has been out at Ratone shooting his Gibbs ML in the NRA Long Range Event. He set a new NRA record yesterday morning for the 200yd event. 100 6X which broke the old record held by Lee Shaver.
Lee is the Team coach for the LRML Team for the World Meet next year. This was supposed to be training exercise for South Africa where the Meet is going to be held near Cape Town. The winds down there are supposed to be horrendous and from what he is saying the same is true for Raton.

Bob

mooman76
08-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Good for him!

Crawdaddy
08-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Congrats! I go through there all the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DIRT Farmer
08-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Bob, that is good to know, we need to keep the American team on top. Now if I would start working with mine I might get good enough to carry shooting boxes for the team.

HARRYMPOPE
08-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Original Gibbs or Ardessa or Pedersoli?

George

451 Pete
08-25-2012, 08:29 AM
I believe that Boz is talking about Richard. His rifle is a Pedersoli Gibbs. Now that is excellent shooting with any rifle but it is especially fine shooting when using a muzzle loader with iron sights where every shot means getting up and out of position for you to reload. To add a bit to the story Richard is also just recovering from very serious illness he had over last winter so that makes this accomplishment to me even more of a feat attesting to his determination and shooting ability. My hats off to him. It could not have happened to a nicer or more deserving fellow.
Thanks for this thread Boz. You made my day.

Pete :-D

buyobuyo
08-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Congrats to you friend.

I've heard it said many times that 'if you can't shoot in the wind, you can't shoot in NM'. I shoot Hi Power in Capitan, and it's a rare occasion that the wind isn't plowing 20+ MPH when we get back to the 600 yard line.

Boz330
08-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Bob, that is good to know, we need to keep the American team on top. Now if I would start working with mine I might get good enough to carry shooting boxes for the team.

Yeh Alan, that is the same for me, I just enjoy making noise.

HMP, Pete is correct as to the shooter and the rifle. The fun thing is that Dick (Richard) designs his own boolits and then makes D-reamers which in turn he uses to make pound dies to form the boolits he shoots. I have one of his pound dies and it works like a dream. When I got my Gibbs (Pedersoli) he saved me a lot of the preliminary mistakes for sure.

If he keeps up the way he is going he will give the South Africans a run for their money next year. They pretty well cleaned up last year at the Worlds in England.

Bob