PDA

View Full Version : saeco sizing die

malk415
08-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Gents..
I have an older saeco resizer that I use on a Keith style hensley and gibbs 158 gr SWC bullet.

The sizing die is marked .3575 and when I mic the bullets they are .358. I recently bought a Marlin 1894 with micro groove barrel and all the forums say to use a .358 bullet, so mine theoretically should be ok.

Question is if the SWC will not feed and I buy some RNFB cowboy bullets sized .358 are they really .358 or a bit over the dies size like mine are?

Mark

burntpowder
08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
I've shot thousands of rounds through my 1894 Marlin 357 Mag. It's my Grandson's rifle now. He's 10 years old. When he runs out of 38 special semi-wadcutters loaded with a light load of Bullseye, which function fine, he patiently feeds his lever gun, one round at a time, with Grandpa's 38 special full wadcutters as they will not function, but he ainta gonna quit shootin' if he's got somethin that will go in there even if it is hand fed. i still lube the old fashioned way, Star Luber sizer, soft lube (mirror lube of which I am finally down to my last 4 or 5 tubes). You should have unbelievable fun with this rifle. Very accurate with cast boolits. I do clean it for my Grandson although he is learning to do this chore about every two hundred rounds. All these boolits are sized 358.

454PB
08-23-2012, 11:19 PM
The only way to know is to buy some and measure. I've measured a lot of commercial cast boolits, and they are usually within .0005".

In my opinion, you really don't need to worry about a variance that small.