PDA

View Full Version : Golden Boolit award

Beekeeper
08-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Considering all the information he imparts to any of us who ask and his ability to get it across in the best way wheather we are newbe or olde I think "Buckshot" should have a golden boolit.

I remember it was brought up once but could find nothing on it so I want to nominate him for a "Golden Boolit".

If anyone deserves one he does.

beekeeper

Jim
08-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Second the motion.

Wayne Smith
08-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Rick is a very humble guy, and one of the founders of this board. I first met him on Shooters.com and he was very helpful as I started to learn to cast. After Shooters shut down I was kind of lost until he invited me here.

I am glad to third the motion.

BruceB
08-21-2012, 09:12 PM
The nomination is years overdue.

I'm ashamed that I didn't think of it.

08-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Ironically, the 8 mm M-die exapnder plug, that I ordered from Buckshot, arrived yesterday and its dimensions are exactly what I asked for.

Yes, I agree that he is deserving of a Golden Boolit.

NoZombies
08-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Agreed, Buckshot is one of the good guys!

swheeler
08-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Yes Buckshot deserves the Golden Boolit Award, actually I think he should have had the first! A person can always depend on good, helpful hands on information from him, and a gentleman taboot, the world needs more BUCKSHOT!

felix
08-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Yes, indeed. However, out of sight, out of mind, and this is why I overlooked him while thinking of wilgen. It won't be long until we have all the old board members as nominees? ... felix

JeffinNZ
08-22-2012, 12:23 AM
I will support this motion ONLY on the bais that he returns to using the avator of him and the donkey.

Recluse
08-22-2012, 12:50 AM
The nomination is years overdue.

I'm ashamed that I didn't think of it.

+100

:coffee:

08-22-2012, 01:30 AM
absolutely

Bad Water Bill
08-22-2012, 01:45 AM
He tolt me hizn mule were bashful :kidding:

Maven
08-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, I was going to propose him myself, but Beekeeper beat me to it.

Beekeeper
08-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Understood Steve,
Buckshot is more than a moderator to most of us.
He is a mentor to many newbes and is a helping hand to the rest of us as well as a great inovator of those little parts that we need but can never find on the web.
That is the main reasons I nominated him.
Besides he is just plain a good guy all the way.

beekeeper

fishhawk
08-22-2012, 09:17 AM
If he is like a few of us he probably feels the same as some of us do that as long as he's a mod. he should be and is ineligible for the award. With all due respect to any and all I myself could not accept it and Wiljen couldn't either call us strange, weird or what ever but that's our feelings on it. steve k

Jim
08-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Ten years ago, when I joined Shooters, Buckshot was working on developing load data with the various milsurp powders. I have some of his notes hand written into my personal data book. Those notes are still available at Cast Pics and I still go back from time to time to refresh my memory on what he wrote.

I can understand how/why staff is ineligable for the award. I'm guessing that's something that is a result of a staff wide unanimous vote. I can also see a staff member being given the award turning into a soap opera.

Buckshot doesn't need the award to know that his work and dedication is appreciated. He doesn't post often, but when he does, it's worth reading. He's kinda' like that old E. F. Hutton ad: When he speaks, people listen.

94Doug
08-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Boy this is a great nomination. Rick is great source of help, and has a wonderful sense of humor to back it up.

Doug

Echo
08-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Even though a noobie on the forum, my interactions w/Rick have been positive, and I believe a Golden Boolit would be very appropriate - but the staff made the rules, and I respect their decision.

felix
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Steve, your comment is valid!!! ... felix

walltube
08-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes indeed! How could he not be awarded this honour?

geargnasher
08-22-2012, 02:50 PM
If he is like a few of us he probably feels the same as some of us do that as long as he's a mod. he should be and is ineligible for the award. With all due respect to any and all I myself could not accept it and Wiljen couldn't either call us strange, weird or what ever but that's our feelings on it. steve k

I had a feeling that would be the case with you mod/admin fellers! I agree with Jim's post 100%. Rick is a class act and and a "plank" for sure.

Ian

Beekeeper
08-23-2012, 09:10 AM
I spent over a year reading stickies before becoming a member here 4 years ago.
During that time most of the info I garnered was from Buckshot.

Since becoming a member he has taken the time to answer all of my questions, some via PM and others via e-mail and quite often here on the forum.
He has offered encouragement to me on several of my off the wall goofy projects.

Never during that time has he ever told me to go read the stickies.

If a "Golden Boolit Award" cannot be received by a Moderator I think a new award should be instituted for those who go the extra mile to help out the membership and are moderators!
Maybe Gunload Master or 45 Nut can come up with a diferent kind of "Boolit Award" for someone who does go the extra mile and is a moderator.

Just one mans opinion but in this case I think it has some worth.

beekeeper

Jim
08-23-2012, 09:32 AM
If we, the general membership, want to recognize a particular moderator, there is a way we can do that. I'm not suggesting that we go around the rules or the powers that be, I'm just thinkin' out loud here.

One of us could start a thread in the "Our Town" section entitled something along the lines of "Moderator of the Year". Include a poll with the names of all the moderators and invite the general membership to cast votes on favorites.

At the end of a predetermined time frame, pick the top five names and do it again, this time for the distinguished position.

If I'm not mistaken, this would be above the board and legitimate. This would be a simple way for us to show who we think deserves to be recognized as the moderator that is most appreciated by the general membership.

I wouldn't mind turning the key on this, but truth be told, I don't know how to include a poll in a post. I never did it and never learned how. Anybody wanna volunteer to 'honcho' this?