PDA

View Full Version : Uninsured and earthquake damaged.

JeffinNZ
08-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Team.

For 9 years from the late 90's NZ had a left wing guvmint that played nana state and was happy to tell us all how to live and run our lives. The leader of that is now 3rd most powerful in the UN so nuff said there.... Anyways, that administration spent nine years absolving the entire nation of any personal responsibility. "It's not my fault". "Can't someone else pay?" "Why can't the guvmint fix this".

To my dismay, today I see THIS (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/7505852/Life-about-to-change-for-quake-uninsured) article about the guy who was uninsured at the time of the quake and is just getting on with life and accepting his lot and that he has to stand on his own two feet. Unbelievable in this day and age as there were quite a few uninsured folk who have suffered full home loss and I will wager most have been bleating and expecting bailing out.

Perhaps personal reasponsibility is not dead after all.

MtGun44
08-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Good article about a strong man and woman that are dealing with the mess
that they got handed. I agree that there are a lot of whiners out there, but there
are also a lot of REAL men, too. This guy is one.

Bill

DIRT Farmer
08-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I was working the aftermath of a tornado a few years ago and a member of the Menonite relief group arrived to survay the dammage and call in a team. There was a discussion of insurance issues and he commented, if we believe what we here from the pulpit we don't need insurance. That was my experience dealing with the Memonites and Amish, they just shared and payed the bill.

Digger
08-18-2012, 11:20 PM
An independent thinker all right , good to see there are people out there that are willing to get on with life instead of whining about it ...
Thanks for the link Jeff .... now I can read a New Zealand paper once in a while ....

digger

sthwestvictoria
08-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Here in Victoria there is no need to waste your money on insurance - if you are befallen with trials and tribulation the government will step in and foot the bill:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/uninsured-fire-victims-to-get-money-to-rebuild-20090304-8oiw.html

"Some insurers have raised concerns that using funds to help rebuild the houses of those without insurance could serve as a disincentive for people to take out cover."

captain-03
08-19-2012, 03:07 PM
"Some insurers have raised concerns that using funds to help rebuild the houses of those without insurance could serve as a disincentive for people to take out cover."

No Kidding!!

JIMinPHX
08-20-2012, 01:11 AM

(sarcasm alert)
Oh, don't worry. If that happens, some lobbyist will just get the politicians to mandate that the serfs need to by insurance, like the wild eye'd Kenyan did here. Our supreme court (I'm no longer using capitol letters on purpose) didn't seem to think that there was any problem with that, so your judicial system probably will not either.

(sarcasm off now)