PDA

View Full Version : Poll for a Cannon Section in Muzzle Loading are ??

ClassicCannons
08-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Hay You all
:drinks:This is just a thought.:drinks:
Would any of you be interested in a Cannon & Mortar area here in the Muzzle loading area fo people to check out their other forms of this Hobby.

I know their are many good forums here on the internet but this would give the opportunity for those of you that Reload and shoot But to join a whole new forum and make new friends their also is a hassle.

This area would be for people to show off their Toys as such while enjoying the benefits of staying put in the Cast Boolits Arena that you have become so familiar with.

This is only a suggestion that i guess only Management here can make but i think a Poll is a good start to find out if their is any interest for those that also
:mrgreen::mrgreen: Like a Lot of :Fire: :Fire:Fire & Smoke :mrgreen::mrgreen:

How ever this would not be a area that show people how to Make em Nor give advice on making them its only for people that already have them and would like to Show off and let other users comment on their toys as such. Like i mentioned earlier their are other forums that just for that.

And Management would you consider this if we get like lets say 25 votes in the Yes Poll

500Smith
08-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Great, but it should be called “Cannons & Mortars”. Don’t leave out little brother.

ClassicCannons
08-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Of Course they are my favorite8-) Flavor

Great, but it should be called “Cannons & Mortars”. Don’t leave out little brother.

flagman1776
08-17-2012, 09:26 PM
combine my shooting interests here

webfoot10
08-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Count me in. I like to hear how other people annoy their neighbors, Legally that is.

Onit12345
08-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Yes let's see it!!!

historicfirearms
08-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes! I have a empty oxygen tank calling my name... I'd just love to be able to bounce ideas off you guys.

LUCKYDAWG13
08-18-2012, 01:56 PM
like it i have made a thunder mug would like to go bigger

Dan Cash
08-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey Ho! Canons go go. I have a dream of owning an 1846 mountain howitzer.

ClassicCannons
08-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Hay Their
Their a 1/6 Scale one up on the block here for a donation to the server fund If your interested all you need to do is make a base and also its a 2 for 1 deal with free key-chains also in Parrot and Napoleons

The link is

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=161476

http://www.scaleartillery.com/images/7af0baca174b0ebf43c4a2af0c49c144.jpg

Hey Ho! Canons go go. I have a dream of owning an 1846 mountain howitzer.

Sasquatch-1
08-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I would say if there is enough interest why not. But how about making it a carriage gun section? You could include other things such as gatling guns Maxim Machine guns

Boerrancher
08-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Heck I say go for it. I know I love looking at old Artillery pieces, and watching them shoot.

Best wishes,

Joe

garbear
08-19-2012, 12:19 PM
I say yes. But I would like info on building and maintaining them.
Garbear

ClassicCannons
08-19-2012, 01:16 PM
:-):-):-) Hay thats a good idea :-):-):-)
I was working one a long time ago but gave up on it because i couldn't get enough info on. But justly i found the AOP books and they have the drawing on one. So perhaps it will materlize now. I guess if the members here come up with a Name like

Cannon's Mortars & Carriage Gun's Section

I guess we could do a poll also on the name lets say 2 weeks before this poll ends if the admin agree's with the new section.

So far it's looking good on the vote's i'd say but we need to figure out a way to add image's here that is easy to do. I guess we could use our own photo gallery that Cast boolits give us. And we could have Photo Contest on the cannons that we have like lets say every 90 day the way it would work is have a poll and the members here vote on the best one an if their are any Vendor members they could off a free item that they make. I'll offer a free GolfBall Mortar after i get paid up here as a Vendor member.

:-D PM me any of your Ideas on this it's looking good so far :-D

Also to add a Image go to your Image hosting button in your tool bar above and add you image and then click on it an the under the image their's a url code just copy & Paste it in your post.

Here's a still of a 1" Cannon that i have on youtube and the Video Below I had made this one around 3 years ago . Boy was she a barker

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/79934ff4992ce8732.png

Click on the link below to see the video Thanks AMG

http://youtu.be/jjw-EbvKSqw

I would say if there is enough interest why not. But how about making it a carriage gun section? You could include other things such as gatling guns Maxim Machine guns

ClassicCannons
08-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I'd like to make one to but firing it is expensive tho I juts picked up a Bowling ball at the thrift shop for .99 good price and i guess thats the first step to one. So if you decide to make one check out you local junk shops for them i had seen them often here for like 2.99 at good will all the way down to .99 at the DAV store. Thanks AMG

Yes! I have a empty oxygen tank calling my name... I'd just love to be able to bounce ideas off you guys.

ClassicCannons
08-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi Their
As far as building them their are a vast majority of websites on building them on the web.

But i think Admin would be against posting on the thread on how to build them for leagle reasons and such.

But the thread would be good for posting on how to clean & to maintaning them which is as simple as caring for you Muzzle loading Firearms since it's basicly the same methode of firing them.

And we should stand clear of any cartiage loading cannons also such as shot gun ammo unless you have a letter from the BATF.

I say yes. But I would like info on building and maintaining them.
Garbear

ClassicCannons
08-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Boy Lucky Dawg 13 Your image was a pain to get to upload I tried to put it in my album here but it kept coming up error not an image so i had to resize it smaller and here it is thanks for sharing it with use i think the problem was the image size at 5+ mb

Also its just a Thought i'd put a base on that you wouldn't want that falling over. I have some 5" dia by .250 thick disc i can send you just pm me your address its free just weld it to the bottom it has a hole in the center for doing that it's what i used for my small mugs :mad::sad::sad:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/7993503159069eb69.jpg

like it i have made a thunder mug would like to go bigger

LUCKYDAWG13
08-19-2012, 06:09 PM
thanks for the offer i have a piece of steel for the base sorry about the size of the pick
and thanks for posting for me its a hoot to shoot with 600gr of Black powder

Mooseman
08-19-2012, 06:26 PM
I love my Cannon I built at the Machine shop one winter. It shoots 1 pound cannonball sinkers or Golf balls. Puts em outta sight.
Eventually, I am gonna work on one that shoots old oil cans full of cement when things slow down .

Rich

ClassicCannons
08-19-2012, 07:35 PM
If i recall right the gb mortar i made shoot around that it can be heard for Miles even better on a really cold morning like when i did it You welcome on the Picture

thanks for the offer i have a piece of steel for the base sorry about the size of the pick
and thanks for posting for me its a hoot to shoot with 600gr of Black powder

ClassicCannons
08-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks everyone it's looking good for this topic and the poll. It will be great if this gets the go ahead

And then let's get ready for next years forth of July with some neat Pictures of all the toys we like to shoot so much.

At least we know that some of the member here enjoy Bigger guns :p its only 3 days into the poll and we got 35 yes and 4 no lets pass the word on this Thanks Austin

missionary5155
08-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Good morning
The black one weighs in at 29.8 pounds. Barrel is 1.1 inch bore, 16 inches long. 2 5/8 inch diameter at breech and 2.3/8 inches at muzzle. Bands add 1/4 inches diameter. Made the carriage out of scrap wood and 4 sewer line access covers had about the house.
Barrel in the white weighs 9.8 pounds. Barrel is 17 inches long, .75 bore and 2 5/8 inches in diameter with bands at 2 7/8 inches. Thinking about making an early European field carraige on this one.
Then there is the "paper weight" brass barrel. 6 inches long (excluding the casting plug ) and 1.25 inches at the breech.
Mike in ILL.

flint45
08-24-2012, 06:46 PM
I think that would be great. One of my favorite things are cannons . My son is in Marine Corps Artillery.I also like to build small cannons . Ineed to learn how to post pictures but i am a computer cave man.

toot
08-31-2012, 08:25 AM
i have 6 scale model canons from 1/2 inch to2inch and shoot them reguarly lots of fire n smoke! gotta love it. look foreward to the cannon site, toot.

smokemjoe
08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
I would enjoy it, I have a beer can and a bowling ball mortar. Also 4 mini guns, Joe

SPRINGFIELDM141972
08-31-2012, 04:47 PM
hey ho! Canons go go. I have a dream of owning an 1846 mountain howitzer.

+1 i want a mountain howitzer!

ClassicCannons
08-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Here were the Mountain howitzer's

that were on the server auction earlier I'll be doing another auction later for a Larger Howitzer if you all would like i just got a few things to finish for now perhaps in a few weeks it will be a 69 mini ball bore probly 1.750 dia by 11-13" got to figure out the scale
Thanks for voting on the poll Austin

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/551641_3697296916368_140432600_n.jpg

+1 i want a mountain howitzer!

SPRINGFIELDM141972
08-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Here were the Mountain howitzer's

that were on the server auction earlier I'll be doing another auction later for a Larger Howitzer if you all would like i just got a few things to finish for now perhaps in a few weeks it will be a 69 mini ball bore probly 1.750 dia by 11-13" got to figure out the scale
Thanks for voting on the poll Austin

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/551641_3697296916368_140432600_n.jpg

Those are awesome. And in no way do I mean to distract from them, if I were to ever own one it would be a full scale in iron. That is likely to never happen. But it doesn't mean I still don't own though.

Kind Regards,
Everett

ClassicCannons
09-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Well I have a piece of 5" dia by 28" of steel it comes to 4/5 scale but my lathe's steady rest is to small to hold it. It weighs close to 160 lbs so i need to make a roller steady rest set to hold her steady. When i'm done i'll probly polish and blue it . But i like the Naval carriage so i'll probly mount it on one of those.

geargnasher
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm all for it, on some conditions: First, "Cannon" is both singular AND plural in spite of the mangling that Americans do to the English language, so please use it properly. It's the same sort of thing as "deer" or "fish". If you do that, you won't be tempted to make it possessive by adding an apostrophe to it. "Cannon's" would only be used to mean something like "the cannon's carriage", meaning the carriage belonged to the cannon.

Ok, spelling and grammar rant over.....

Gear

Ilwil
09-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Mine is only .69 cal, and I'll never have a bigger one, but I love looking at them, in all iterations.

Onit12345
10-04-2012, 08:40 PM
So what ever happened to this? Are we gonna get a cannon section?

ClassicCannons
10-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Hay you all thanks for the Vote I wonder if this Show and Tell Cannon page is going to happen be great if it does I'll be Auctioning off a Larger 50 cal Napoleon barrel for the Forum this weekend so check it out thanks for all you support in this topic.

Sorry i haven't been on much here latly but i have had some computer issues hopefully they are resolved not