PDA

View Full Version : new 308

frkelly74
08-16-2012, 10:17 PM
I picked up a rem 700 in 308 Win today. I have just about finished selling off all my old 308 brass and now I have another 308. It was irresistable, almost new with an older weaver 2,5 on it. It has the matte finish metal and synthetic stock and is in dire need of being broken in. I have not had many new rifles so this will be interesting. I also got 110 rounds of South African surplus ammo to shoot up with it and a hard case. So now to keep balance I will have to offer some of my mausers for sale. I was at the range and a familiar looking guy came up and offered it to me for a song, " it kicks hard and he won't ever be able to use it " he said. Times are still hard here and people are selling things off that they don't need.

Silvercreek Farmer
08-17-2012, 02:12 PM
You should have told him to learn how to cast boolits and reload some nice soft shooting rounds for it! Seriously, nice find. Post some pics when you get a minute. Seems like do okay on most of my purchases but never get those "for a song" deals...

fatelk
08-18-2012, 12:36 AM
It's amazing how cheap some people will sell stuff they are tired of or don't like for some reason. A few years ago I was offered a really nice Winchester 70 '06 for $200. I hesitated and declined because I didn't know the guy, he seemed flaky, and I worried it might be stolen. My friend who was with me asked him how long he'd had it and the guy pulls out the sales receipt! My friend bought it, and his son trashed it.:(