PDA

View Full Version : Timney triggers??

klausg
05-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey gang-
I just had one of these installed on a Mod 700 that I inherited from the old man; that I cleverly managed to break the trigger on, (don't ask, major stupidity). I am very happy with the results. So my question becomes: is this one a fluke, or can I expect similar results from their products? I don't shoot BR, or even much varmint anymore, so I am talking sporter rifles, as in around 3lb pulls as opposed to 3oz. Thanks in advance for any replies.

-Klaus

Char-Gar
05-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Timmy triggers have been around for as long as I have been messing with guns and that is a very long time. I have used a couple dozen and just installed one in my sporter Mauser two weeks ago.

Every one I have used has been a good trigger.

danski26
05-12-2007, 01:21 AM
I put a timney on a Vanguard action sporter that i have. I like it and it has served me well. I think it is a good way to go for sporter/hunting rifles.

lar45
05-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I have several on some Mausers and have not had any problems with them. They are easy to adjust and get a great trigger from. Many did not need any adjustment at all.

jrgift
06-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Have put Timney triggers on at least 2 dozen Mausers and have good luck with them.Put Dayton-Traisters on some M95 and a P-17 and they work well also..

Fireball 57
06-20-2007, 10:13 PM
klausg: In the ninties, I had a McMillian target rifle built with a three pound Timney installed. Shoots very well and the trigger does not waiver. Shoots 7mm cast boolits, now.

Four Fingers of Death
06-21-2007, 03:07 AM
I haven't got any rifles with Timneys at the moment, but I have fitted a half doz or so over the years, they have been around at least since I was a lad, and thats a longgggggg time and probably longer. Good no nononsense product. I picked up an M17 target rifle sans stock, I think it has a Timney, but I just threw it in the safe, I haven't had a chance to really look at it yet. Can't go wrong with them in my opinion.

stillhunter
05-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Timney is still in business and producing a solid product. My originals are from the 60s, both 1903 A3 Springfields. Recently I bought two more to use on a couple of "03s that I acquired. Found that they had widened the trigger so it won't work in the milled guard. I called Timney, and to my suprise, they offered to narrow the trigger to fit, at no cost, if I would send them up. Well, a month later, they came in the mail and work perfectly. Customer service is not dead, just dam hard to find..!!

ForneyRider
09-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I have a Timney on my PH 1200.

Shilen makes model 700 triggers too.

HABCAN
09-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Timneys in Mausers: a great combination!! Set 'em and forget 'em.

Junior1942
09-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Timneys in Mausers: a great combination!! Set 'em and forget 'em.Again, HABCAN knows what he's talking about.

xyrth
09-05-2008, 06:23 PM
i have one in my m77. amazing trigger.

Antietamgw
09-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Call Timney, ask to talk to Steve. He may be able to help fix you up. I like Timney. They make a very good, very reasonably priced trigger for sporters . They are a small US company and I have been very impressed with the treatment I recieved when I asked them about some parts for one that came installed in a rifle I bought. I've used a few dozen of them on Mausers. I've used 2 Bold triggers in Mausers - I'd rather the issue trigger than a Bold.

1hole
09-12-2008, 11:37 PM
stillhunter - "Timney is still in business ... My originals are from the 60s, both 1903 A3 Springfields. Found that they had widened the trigger so it won't work in the milled guard. I called Timney, and to my suprise, they offered to narrow the trigger to fit, at no cost, if I would send them up. "

I used a Timney in the old 03-A3 I coverted to an NRA position match rifle with a heavy .308 barrel, target stock and Lyman sights. My trigger was a narrow one so it fit the original bottom metal fine. BUT - I added a wide trigger shoe which makes the weight of pull seem significantly lighter than it really is!

If you can find a shoe, you might want to try one on your's too. Last I looked, Brownells still carried wide trigger shoes. Most people these days have no idea what I'm talking about but they used to be quite common.