PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Gandma!!

clintsfolly
08-11-2012, 02:29 PM
My Grandma passed about 3yrs ago and they just got the estate settled and I got a check yesterday. So today I ordered my new RCBS Pro Melt now as I cast I can remember her and the FUN she was!!! Clint :-P

WILCO
08-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Glad to hear of your new found wealth Clint. Great way to keep her memory alive.

ShooterAZ
08-11-2012, 06:43 PM
clintsfolly,

Thirty five years ago my Grandmother "loaned" me money for the down payment on my house. I got my first re-payment check back from her with a note note saying I didn't have to pay her back. Just thinking about this makes me want to cry. I found out later she did pretty much the same thing for all of her Grandchildren...she was the true matriarch of our family.

She took me under her wing when my parents divorced...I was 13 years old. My parents squabbled over child custody...she took care of me. She passed away in 2005. She was a liberal democrat who fully supported my competative shooting later in my adult life. When you said "Thanks Grandma" it brought me back in time a few years and brought a tear to my eye.

Shooter

375RUGER
08-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Grandmas are great!

1Shirt
08-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Only knew one of mine! A truely fantastic cook!
1Shirt!

Hardcast416taylor
08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I just hope Grandma told you how to treat a burn from something that is HOT?Robert

Don Purcell
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Grandmas are gods gift. I live in southern Illinois and when I was 14 my granny came by after she came back from visiting her sister in Florida. She comes in and hands me a fairly large paper bag and says "I got you some firecrackers while I was gone". She sure did! It was full of M-80s!!! THANKS GRANNY! We lived about six miles out in the country and good time was had by all.

375supermag
08-12-2012, 08:57 PM
FWIW...

Not all Grandmothers are quite as wonderful as yours were/are...

My grandmother on my mother's side of the family never cared for me, at all.
At one time, she lived in an apartment about 3 blocks from the house my mother rented after my father died. My mother demanded that my younger sister and brother and I stop by to visit her every day after junior high school. Never one to disobey my parents, I dutifully stopped by with my younger siblings for a few days until my dear sweet loving grandmother told me that I didn't need to come to her house anymore. She was quite clear that I was not wanted. No problem...I never spoke to her again the rest of her life. A couple of years later, her health failed her and she ended up moving in with my mother and we three teenagers. We never spoke the entire time she lived with us, about a year until her death.

I did not go to the funeral and have never visited her grave.

My mother never believed that her mother would do such a thing even though my brother and sister both told her it was true.

smokeywolf
08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
My father's grandmother on his father's side seemed to dislike everyone (including her own son) except my father. She had money from 3 wealthy husbands who all died untimely deaths (hmmm). She bought a couple of guns, 2 cars, at least 1 motorcycle, and numerous other gifts for my father. I still have the 1920ish Colt 45 SAA artillery model that she picked up for him from a pawn shop in the late 1930s.

popper
08-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Hope she paid her taxes, or you will.

Plate plinker
08-13-2012, 12:12 AM
+1 on taxes, that might be part of the reason shooter as granny paid for houses. It's a good idea to give money while still living versus giving the gov a fat check.

smokeywolf
08-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Most, if not all the money she had was earned or accumulated before the Federal Government "arranged" for the ratification of the 16th amendment. which gave them (Congress) the power to do something that the Founding Fathers never intended the Federal Government to be able to do. Levy income taxes on the individual citizen.

All her money disappeared immediately following her death. My father's father looked for it for years.