PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Handles

MrXrings
08-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Will the Lyman 4cav handles work on the 2cav. molds? Any issues? Thanks.

john hayslip
08-08-2012, 12:56 PM
If you can find them try a set of Lee handles. They are made for their big molds but I've used them on single and double cavity molds. I had to enlarge the holes in one set of handles but other than that no problem and they are significantly cheaper than the competition.

Mk42gunner
08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
My set of Lyman nutcracker handles are a lot thinner than the large handles for double cavity molds.

If you have them it may be worth a try; but the Lee six cavity handles are a lot less expensive than the Lymans if you are going to have to buy them.

Robert

Catshooter
08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Will the Lyman 4cav handles work on the 2cav. molds? Any issues? Thanks.

No. The four-holer's handle slots are much thinner than either the single or double cavity moulds

Cat

MrXrings
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM
I'll just pick up a pair of Lee's and modify then. Thanks.

Catshooter
08-09-2012, 06:30 PM
MrXrings,

There is a reason that the Lee's are so cheap. The 'plier' parts of their handles do attract a magnet, but have a funny coppery color and machine, well, oddly. I don't know what the metal is but it doesn't really act like steel. Never tried to grind on 'em, could be interesting.

I'm sure many here have worked the metal with no problems, just wanted to give you a small heads up.

Save yourself some trouble and pull the wooden handles off right away and either epoxy or pin 'em.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Let us know how it goes, eh?

Cat