PDA

View Full Version : Google blocking castboolits?

firefly1957
08-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Not sure the best place for this but when I opened the link for a thread I am subscribed to google blocked it? The second page said this:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for gunownerstv.com

What is the current listing status for gunownerstv.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-07-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-07-14.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, gunownerstv.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Updated 6 hours ago
© Google - Google Home

Thought the staff and members may want to know and this is the most read section outside the PIT!

firefly1957
08-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Note first page warned of MALWARE but could not be copied to post!

41 mag fan
08-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Could also be their SSL expired.
Seen that happen before with google bots.

Or some hacker got onto the backside in their servers and did some damage.

Alvarez Kelly
08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Every time I go to page 1 of the thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=145078

I get a trojan alert from my virus software. I have reported it, but no one seems to be able to find anything wrong...

Cap'n Morgan
08-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I got a similar warning when visiting a danish gun-related forum. (www.riffeljagt.com) Apparently the site is acting as an intermediary via some of the links on the site. Being more brave than smart (but smart enough to have some browser security:wink:) I visited the site - and sure enough - got a warning that a java script wanted to run.

Probably a freak coincident - or maybe the gun-grabbers are out to get us :shock:

waksupi
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
I just got 973,000 results from a search.
One of the points of the castboolits spelling, is to beat some of the anti-gun programming companies put in their computer systems.

looseprojectile
08-08-2012, 04:12 PM
to log on to Castboolits, political and humor and off topic do not appear with the rest of the forums.
Therefore I log on to Castboolits with internet exploder.
Some things are what they are.

Life is good

MT Gianni
08-08-2012, 10:18 PM
to log on to Castboolits, political and humor and off topic do not appear with the rest of the forums.
Therefore I log on to Castboolits with internet exploder.
Some things are what they are.

Life is good

If it recognizes you as a member they should appear.

10x
08-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Over 50% of the information returned by google is wrong to various degrees.

latesvak
08-09-2012, 07:50 PM
It has always worked fine for me . But then again the only time I have to search for it on google is when I'm at work and it is the first thing that pulls up when I type in cast boolit.

Latesvak

OBIII
08-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Firefly, must be something with the security settings on the firewall or your browser at work.

Alverez Kelly, that is a forum that you have to subscribe to in order to be able to view it. Could have something to do with your issues. I have experienced no problems, Firefox 14.01 on Win XP 3

Alvarez Kelly
08-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Alverez Kelly, that is a forum that you have to subscribe to in order to be able to view it. Could have something to do with your issues. I have experienced no problems, Firefox 14.01 on Win XP 3

I can view it just fine. My anti-virus software blocks the malware it percieves, so I can still view the threads, but something is raising some red flags. It's always on that page, of that section. Doesn't happen anywhere else.

firefly1957
08-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Both laptops are doing it now I was signed in but on my laptop I can go to page anyway ? I am using Google browser it is them and not my settings the problem arose when I tried to open link from a email about the 12 GA. F H thread fist time in a couple years of following the thread I have had any trouble.

frkelly74
08-10-2012, 11:19 AM
I get a pink banner that states that the site looks very suspicious and I ignore it. Wolf Wolf Wolf. I suppose that sometime it will warn me of something really harmful and I will get zapped.

This happens when I get notified of messages via hotmail and does not seem google specific