PDA

View Full Version : My friend died.

44man
08-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I am beside myself. I just got word a wonderful friend died. He lived across the county.
His name is Myron Mangum and shot BPCR.
His wife Mary mailed me.
Please pray for him and his family with me.

AggieEE
08-07-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I know what it's like to lose a close friend. It has been 20+ years and I still fell the lost at times. AggieEE

skeettx
08-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Totally understand
My FRIEND and HUNTING Brother, Henry died of Altzhimers, what a way to go
Prayer said
Mike

rockrat
08-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Prayers up.

I understand, lost my "little brother" my best friend of 40 years, a little over 4 years ago and still feel the emptyness of his passing

JeffinNZ
08-07-2012, 06:26 PM
You are doing well by your friend by remembering him this way.

gray wolf
08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
prayers said for your good friend,
Sir , I am sorry for your loss.

Dean D.
08-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I'll keep you and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

larryp
08-07-2012, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. You and his family are in my prayers. :-(

Circuit Rider
08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
His family is in our prayers. CR

gbrown
08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Just came back from a visitation for an old family friend. It touches us, all. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Houndog
08-07-2012, 09:26 PM
My condolences to you and your friend's family. May GOD comfort all in your time of need.

Hamish
08-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Will be remembered.

frankenfab
08-07-2012, 09:33 PM
My Condolances, 44man.

OBIII
08-08-2012, 12:41 AM
If you know this forum (and I know you do), all you have to do is tell us, we know what to do. Seriously, Prayers to your friend and his family, and also our prayers for you and your family in what is obviously a time of grief. That's the great thing about the "thing" that we have for each other. We Care.

Semper Fi,

Ob

geargnasher
08-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Dang, that's rotten news. True, good friends are tough to find and even tougher to lose.

Gear

WRideout
08-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Good friends are hard enough to find. Prayer said.

Wayne

Bret4207
08-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Sorry for your loss.

08-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Prayers and thoughts are with you.

Sasquatch-1
08-08-2012, 08:06 AM
I also offer my sympathies to you and the family.

44man
08-08-2012, 08:39 AM
Thank you my dear friends. My was on oxygen a long time even when he was shooting.
He lived in NM, far away but we kept in touch. I feel so bad for Mary.

Larry Gibson
08-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Condolances to the family and you, his friend.

Larry Gbson

TCTex
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Jim, I lost my best friend last week and I feel your pain. So many memories…

It wasn’t until after I wrote this I started on my healing process. I hope it helps so take it for what its worth.

The title came from my middle child who is 4. He asked where "My Toby" was when we went over to Toby's house the day after he passed away.

My Toby
Everyone needs a Toby

He was a Son, a Brother, a Husband, and I was blessed to call him my friend,
His heart was as big as Texas and my Toby loved us all till the end.
Everyone needs a Toby

If ever you needed help he was only a phone call away,
It didn’t matter the problem or the time of the day.
A friend who’s heart was pure and kind,
A greater friend one could not find.
Everyone needs a Toby

Toby would play with my boys; he would play with them all day.
Be ye like little children for theirs is the kingdom of heaven to play.
He was a big kid at heart who loved my children as if they were his.
They have still asked to see their Toby… Their Toby they truly do miss…
Everyone needs a Toby

A friend who loved at all times, he took care of me in adversity for my Toby truly lived in the light.
Looking back at the sand and seeing one set of prints, I thank my God for blessing my Toby with the gift of his might.
I know God tells us he won’t put on us more than we can’t handle,
My Toby followed God’s word and on that lamp stand he will be a light, my Toby will be my candle.
Everybody needs a Toby

My Toby is in heaven with the light of the world,
He is the blessed one my Toby, at darts at us are still hurled.
God never once promised us a perfect life on this world full of blight,
Remember your faith and that God cannot tempt us; The Redeemer, Counselor and Lord is love, Our God is pure light.
Oh how I miss, my Toby

What I do know is that my Toby made this world a better place and in his presence we were truly graced,
For every time I saw my Toby, my Toby put a smile on my face.
But that just may be why my Toby was called to our Lord above,
I still wonder if the Holy Spirit transfigured his broken shell like a dove.
It could be the work my Toby has is heaven on the streets of gold,
I wonder how my God will use his many talents and make His Toby’s work tenfold.
Maybe it’s my Toby that is helping our Lord prepare rooms for me and you,
I know it’s my Toby whose voice we will all one day hear, “Hay bud, I am glad to see you too.”
Everybody needs a Toby

Mrs. Dunlap,(This revererance was to both Toby’s Mother and Wife.) I don’t understand why God needed Our Toby, there must be something for our Toby to fix,
I know Our Toby is happy without sorrow and somehow will find a way to put “playing with fire” into the mix.
Our Jesus blessed us with the gift of our Toby and our Toby will never be forgot,
Just remember his soul isn’t ours, Our Toby gave it to the Lord. By Jesus, his soul was bought.
It still doesn’t help the hurt or pain we feel from Our Toby whom We held so dear because Our hearts have been torn in two,
Praise to the Lord that Jesus’s blood cleanses all stains and one day Your Toby will walk the streets of gold with you.

Thank you for sharing your precious Toby. I know he will always have been yours first, but I can truly say that my life is better for knowing him and he truly was a gift from God. Praise be to his name for the time on earth I had to know my friend Toby.
Everybody needs a Toby.

WILCO
08-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Sorry to hear of this. Prayer said.

Grandpas50AE
08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Sorry for your loss .44Man. I went through this same thing 2 years ago, so I know how it feels. One of the best things I did was write a eulogy for the funeral service, which helped to begin the healing process. Whether or not the eulogy is ever read or not, writing it and putting your feelings on paper really makes a difference.

Crawdaddy
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

44man
08-10-2012, 08:46 AM
The response makes me feel better and I thank all of you. It shows how great and caring all of you are. Nothing will ever replace that.
I get so out of sorts when anyone here has a problem too.
Thank you my friends.