PDA

View Full Version : Need help

tomme boy
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
My other half made a big mistake. She went grocery shopping Saturday morning and she took my car. This morning I went to get in the car and about got knocked over from what smelled like a dead body in the car. Well. She must have missed the package of chicken in the back.[smilie=b:

Now, the car has been in the drive all day with the doors an hatch open. Anyone care to help. The smell is still there. What can I do?:groner:

oneokie
08-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Sprinkle baking soda on all surfaces. One of the spray on odor removers.

Sensai
08-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Fabreeze will become your best friend!!

waksupi
08-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Find a janitor supply. They have a chemical that a few drops will deodorize a semi trailer.

Texas Tinker
08-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Stick a bowl of Charcoal on the floorboard of the back seat and another in the trunk over night (Don't forget to take the charcoal out the before you drive away :) )

Tinker

Longwood
08-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Activated carbon is good. Much better than charcoal. It can be bought at a aquarium store. I would put some on cookie sheets over night. Then spray with a good pet odor remover or Fabreze spray.
I do not know if Fabreze etc, will plug the carbon or not.
If you use the carbon, or charcoal, air movment helps emensely.

Mk42gunner
08-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Are you sure it was your better half that made the mistake? You dont' have a Grumpy old man for a neighbor, do you?

The fish scene from the movie came to mind.

Robert

koehn,jim
08-07-2012, 04:14 PM
There are several odor neutralisers available in pet shops and some times dollar stores. Use the activated carbon than spray the car with the neutraliser.

tomme boy
08-07-2012, 04:36 PM
No, the neighbors were not the guilty ones. I have used the frebreze already. The old lady just left to get some baking soda. We will see if it helps.

Bloodman14
08-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Molotov cocktail and an insurance claim form!:kidding:

Houndog
08-07-2012, 09:17 PM
sprinkle a little coffee (fresh ground) around in the floor and trunk and let it set awhile! That's what we used to use on a freight trailer when someone hauled a load of fresh Cow hides. There's NO WAY a Chicken could stink any worse than that! It worked every time!

runfiverun
08-07-2012, 10:57 PM
so when is the divorce.....
i won't even let the wife drive my car anymore.
[i'm pretty sketchy about letting her even ride in it]
last time she took it she tried to scrape the front air dam off wiith a parking block.
then told me she didn't do it and didn't know how the yellow paint got there.
even though it hadn't moved in so long i had to jump start it. [and had just touched up the paint when i washed and waxed it a few days before]
she can tow the boat through town next time.....

btroj
08-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Seems obvious to me, she just asked to permanently change cars with you.

wgr
08-07-2012, 11:21 PM
maybe she want,s you to get a new car

blackthorn
08-08-2012, 11:09 AM
From another thread on killing skunk smell----"If you ever do happen to get sprayed, or your dog, or whatever.... use this

1 quart Hydrogen Peroxide
2 cups baking soda
2 tablespoons of dish soap

The baking soda and HP combine and release oxygen and the dish soap cuts the oil from the skunk. Also works for cleaning up dead body smell. Not that that is particularly useful information (the body part). "

Might help!

KCSO
08-08-2012, 11:32 AM
And after you do all that the car will still have a faint odor of dead in it forever. Check out the Mythbusters episode where they tried to de odorize a car. We had a death in July in an apartment and before the owners were done they removed the carpet, the floor the sub floor and the ceiling in the downstairs apt. They tried all of the above and now years later people go in and still smell something odd.

Superfly
08-09-2012, 02:25 AM
vineger in a bowl will help kill the smell,

I can also send you afew pairs of my under ware for you t help hide the stench.

Or just go get some ZEP citris It WORKS i did the same thing with chicken in my semi, It was bad ,

ZEP works

Rick N Bama
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Last month my daughter bought & left a watermelon in her car that got hot enough to blow up & of course start fermenting:) It took several days & a lot of work to get the smell out.

Rick

Moonie
08-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I had a watermelon go bad on the front porch, those things stink!

gbrown
08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
From another thread on killing skunk smell----"If you ever do happen to get sprayed, or your dog, or whatever.... use this

1 quart Hydrogen Peroxide
2 cups baking soda
2 tablespoons of dish soap

The baking soda and HP combine and release oxygen and the dish soap cuts the oil from the skunk. Also works for cleaning up dead body smell. Not that that is particularly useful information (the body part). "

Might help!

I don't know anything about this formula, but isn't Hydrogen Peroxide like a bleaching agent? Did women used to use this to lighten their hair? I'm just asking, hate to see a big white spot in the carpet. I worked many homicides and carried a lot of evidence--my ride was a station wagon. One time, rear rug was soaked with body fluid. I emptied 4 boxes of baking soda on it and let it set for a week and then vacuumed it all out. I think I did this 2X and it worked. Febreze is good. The smell will get into fabric of seats and headliner. Don't forget them.

Dark Helmet
08-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Put an ozone machine inside, close the doors and plug it in.

blackthorn
08-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't know what that formula might do to fabric, I just passed along the info from another thread. It has been years and years since i got crossways to a skunk and then my mother was the one who dealt with it. As I recall the clothes got burried and I got scrubbed down with tomato juice and a couple of other things.