PDA

View Full Version : Trail Camera

VA Shooter
08-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm looking into getting a gam cam and want know what you all think is a good unit for $150 or under

quilbilly
08-07-2012, 12:16 AM
we have gotten some great pics with our Primo's that cost about $90. We had it out winter and summer almost a year in back of the house with pics of the usual deer plus a couple mountain lions and one bear.

jaydub in wi
08-07-2012, 12:51 AM
I have a stealth cam rogue IR. I paid $90 for it 2 years ago. No complaints. I like that it takes video clips too. Cameras have advanced quite a bit in recent years, so I think you don't need to spend $150 to get a good unit.

JJC
08-07-2012, 10:58 AM
I have 2 Remingtons, good pictures and battery life. I like the infared option so the flash don't scare the animals. I'm not looking to put the pictures on the wall just let me know what's out there, so no complaints. Be sure to mount it in a strong manner. If it has a place to put a lock in the latch put a wire with atleast a twist in it. Squirrels and birds will be climbing on it, and it may open.

insanelupus
08-08-2012, 01:21 AM
SpyPoint G4 from Gander Mountain $99.00 or SpyPoint IR-5 from Sportsmans Guide on sale $99.00. Both great units with good battery life.

Trapdoor
08-08-2012, 07:12 AM
I've tried several and the Moultrie's are pretty good for the price. My son and I both find that the infrared models make it hard to distinguish if the photos are of bucks or does due to their ghostly images. We perfer the regular white flash models which are cheaper and find they do not disturb the game as we once thought they would. Only takes a short time for the game to ignore them also, if they are even bothered at all. We have two that have been set up for 2 seasons now and each of them is still working just as well as when we first set them up. Purchased at Walmart to boot.

OBXPilgrim
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Wildgame innovations - bought 3, 2 IR4 models, 1 IR5Camo.

Don't waste your money.

One of the IR4's went back under warranty in less than a year, the IR5Camo last about 6 weeks and had to go back. Both were replaced under warranty, with no more warranty. One of the IR4's has purple tinted photos during daytime. The IR5Camo quit working before the end of last years hunting season.

HiVelocity
08-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Check Cheaper than dirt dot com.

They have several, or more, on sale now. As low as $60 on up to couple hundred dollars, depending on features, options, and megapixel you desire.

Check em' out.

HV