PDA

View Full Version : Lee 10# production pot

filric48
08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Just got a lee 10# production pot, I tried it out the other night on some .452, I was checking them out today and most of them had rounded edges on the grease groove and the mix is good because I filled the mold with the ladle and they turned out great. It seems like the stream from the pot is slow. I twisted the screw no help. Is there a fix or should I use the ladle?

RobS
08-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Questions:
1. What temps were you casting at with the ladle and what temp with the 10# production pot
2. What alloy

There is the possibility of pressure pouring where a person keeps the sprue plate right on the spout of the pot. I have better luck swirling the alloy stream by hitting the side of the sprue plate hole so the stream doesn't go straight into the cavity.

Griz44mag
08-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Twisted what screw? The Lee 10# does not have an adjustment screw. The higher you lift the counterweight, the faster it flows. Keep the nozzle clean and it will fill a six cavity 230gr in a 3 or 4 seconds. Seems plenty fast to me....

filric48
08-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Found the problem, the valve was not opening far enough, it was the tang on the side of the pot that needed to be bent a little. Now it works great, it doubled the size of the stream.

GT27
08-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Mix isn't hot enough,you want it just before it smears on top of the mold and the sprue cutter!At this temp your base on your boolits will drop square and defined!Fine line with the temperature,trial and error is the learning curve! Keep a paper clip next to the pot to clear it!! GT27