PDA

View Full Version : Another Remington ammo recall.

Trey45
08-04-2012, 09:01 AM
To those of you who still use factory ammo, shame on you first, then to those of you who use Remingtom ammo, shame on you too :lol:

Verified recall. From Remington:

Remington Product Safety Recall Notice

Warning

DO NOT USE

REMINGTON 270 WIN 150 GRAIN SOFT POINT (SP) AMMUNITION WITH LOT NOS. N16SA24L, N16SA24R, N16SB24L, N16SB24R, N13SC24L, N13SC24R

Consumer Return Procedure

Remington has determined that six (6) Lot Numbers of its 270 Win. 150 Gr Soft Point Ammunition may have been improperly loaded. The six (6) Lot Numbers are identified above. Improper loading may cause a malfunction of the cartridge when the firearm is fired resulting in higher than normal pressures. This malfunction may result in damage to the firearm, serious personal injury or death.

DO NOT USE

REMINGTON 270 WIN. 150 GRAIN SOFT POINT (SP) AMMUNITION WITH LOT NOS. N16SA24L, N16SA24R, N16SB24L, N16SB24R, N13SC24L, N13SC24R

To identify if you have one of these Lots of ammunition:

If you have a box of 270 Win 150 Gr Soft Point Ammunition, the Lot Number is stamped on the inside flap of the box.

The only Remington 270 Win 150 Gr Soft Point Ammunition affected by this recall has one of the following Lot Numbers: N16SA24L, N16SA24R, N16SB24L, N16SB24R, N13SC24L, or N13SC24R. No other Lots or ammunition are affected.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Safety First

[smilie=s: That's me, waving goodbye forever to all Remington ammo. For many, many reasons, not just this last recall.

Recluse
08-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I dumped several bricks of Remington "Lightning" 22LR in the lake a few weeks ago. Sorriest 22LR ammo I've ever tried to shoot. Like you, I'll clean out what lingering Remington ammo I have. Just isn't worth the risk or aggravation. It won't be much as I've never been a fan of Remington ammo.

And try as I might, I can't get my mind to form a picture of me shooting factory ammunition for the purpose of hunting in any of my guns. . .

:coffee:

runfiverun
08-04-2012, 06:35 PM
wow bad 270 ammo,,, and right before hunting season too, that''s gonna hurt.

oddly all my 30-30,44 mag, and 8mm mauser ammo seems perfectly fine. [tried some yesterday just to make sure]
good thing too.
i am gonna use those three rifles this year depending on where i hunt each day.
hope my cast boolits don't get recalled.

btroj
08-04-2012, 08:09 PM
What's this factory ammo you speak of?

I haven't shot factory in anything but rimfire in who knows how long. I don't picture buying any in the future either.

41 mag fan
08-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Heard that rumor about remington ammo and guns for that matter. Been taking a nose dive over the course of several yrs.
Trying to keep up with demand and trying to make things cheaper = comprimise in quality of guns and dangerous ammo.

frkelly74
08-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I mostly only use pretested remington or other brass in my shooting. I let some other poor unsuspecting soul pull the trigger on any untested factory ammo for its first firing. If by chance, everything works out okay, then I pick up the brass and use it or pass it along. All the brass I have sold on here, by the way, is pretested with a few exceptions. I did once buy some new remington 6.5X55 brass and found that a couple of pieces in each bag were wrinkled and/or short of the proper overall length. I returned the pieces and got some money back from Remington however. So they are good for it when something goes wrong, and they were nice about it. Still pretested is my preferred way to go.