PDA

View Full Version : Goin' to the Montana Territory

Beau Cassidy
08-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Well the past year or so has been tumultuous in the job category so I am on the hunt for a new home. When I lost my job 3 months ago I told myself I have to do something to make myself more attractive to others so I applied for practice licenses in multiple states (MT, WY, CO, ID, TX, and NC).

After really not liking the Atlanta area I packed up everything and put it in storage back in TN. I was sure hard to put my mold stash away! I have been talking to a lot of recruiters and folks about a new job. There has been a lot of interest but, well, perhaps I just don't understand everybody I come into contact with. Lots of greedy turkeys out there looking to suck the life out of you and toss you to the curb. Alas, could that be what put me in the predicament I am in now?

As of late I have been working hot leads in Chattanooga and Knoxville with empty promises given from the guy in Chattanooga.

One of the recruiters I have been talking to called me out of the blue a few weeks ago because I had mentioned the Montana Territory as a possible new home. Well it seems they had just gotten the contract for job and my name immediately came up. Long story short a few days later I talked to the CEO and 2 days ago I talked to another guy at the company. A little while ago I received email confirmation of my ticket putting me on the ground in Missoula about 12:30 tuesday. From there I will go south down highway 93 and stop at the Cooper Rifle place in Stevensville then head on down to Hamilton for a few days of further interviews. It didn't hurt that I got my Montana practice license a week ago.

With the bottom of the bank account in sight I need for this to go good! It will be a month or two before I can start assuming we are all on the same playing field because I start a 2 month assignment in Farmington, Maine on August 13.

41 mag fan
08-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I'd go to Montana...Alaska....anywhere where i didn't have to deal with the BS

DHurtig
08-03-2012, 08:36 PM
What do you practice?? Law, medicine, counseling???

Guesser
08-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Montana is no longer a territory!!!!!!!! We were granted STATEHOOD a couple years ago!!!!!! I realize that all the maps haven't been updated yet but GOOGLE and WIKIPEDIA are.

leftiye
08-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Isn't that tragic?

Guesser
08-03-2012, 10:47 PM
No!!!! it is not tragic, now we elect our governor and legislators. As a territory we had governors and regulators appointed by burrowrats in Washington D.C., now that was tragic!!!!!!

The Double D
08-04-2012, 12:18 AM
With all these people coming to Montana we are probably going end up with a second traffic light...this is not good!

429421Cowboy
08-04-2012, 12:49 AM
:shock: Thats ok D, as long as they keep both traffic lights on the other side of the mountains, things won't get too tame here on the east slope for me!

waksupi
08-04-2012, 01:23 AM
It is still legal to shoot Indians, if there are six or more, as they are considered a war party. I believe it was 1996 that the railroad stopped paying the crews extra, because they had to pass through Indian territory.
Danged stop lights. I remember when there was only one between Kalispell and Missoula, and if you took the east shore, you could miss that one. .

41 mag fan
08-04-2012, 07:34 AM
It is still legal to shoot Indians, if there are six or more, as they are considered a war party. I believe it was 1996 that the railroad stopped paying the crews extra, because they had to pass through Indian territory.
Danged stop lights. I remember when there was only one between Kalispell and Missoula, and if you took the east shore, you could miss that one. .

Do they still hang their scalps outside their lodges or teepees?? :kidding:

white eagle
08-04-2012, 08:04 AM
that there is real funny boys
you wont have to worry about buffalo either damn railroads

The Double D
08-04-2012, 09:11 AM
:shock: Thats ok D, as long as they keep both traffic lights on the other side of the mountains, things won't get too tame here on the east slope for me!

East Slope? That's west of here . I'm out on the flats...went to Taco Johns the other day and it was so bad there was a car in the drive up line.

waksupi
08-04-2012, 10:10 AM

There was a complaint of racism reported on this. Look it up, the law is on the books, and the railroad did indeed have this. Quit whining.

I'll await your apology.

NSP64
08-04-2012, 10:53 AM
No!!!! it is not tragic, now we elect our governor and legislators.
Thats what you think

As a territory we had governors and regulators appointed by burrowrats in Washington D.C., now that was tragic!!!!!!

We all have them appointed

The Double D
08-04-2012, 12:06 PM
There was a complaint of racism reported on this. Look it up, the law is on the books, and the railroad did indeed have this. Quit whining.

I'll await your apology.

Provide a citation to such a statute.

Your remark is racist and inflammatory. Nothing more.

There was such a law on the books but it was repealed some years ago. History is fill of old laws, that no longer exist, this is one of them. The defining a group of Indians, a war party law no longer exists

You can not provide a citation to such statute and your referring to it amounts to nothings but hate speech and hate mongering. Your remark perpetuates old hatreds and alienates people.

This law does not exist in the Montana Code annotated http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/mca_toc/index.htm

Apologize for objecting to racist hate speech....Never.

....and remember, you brought this to the public board, I didn't.

Guesser
08-04-2012, 01:43 PM
We still have one county that has such a small population that it qualifies under state law to have the sheriff appointed by the three county commissioners, the commissioners are the only elected county officials in the county. No incorporated towns in the county, even the county seat is unincorporated.
Liberty county has a county seat, Chester, but no jail and only the sheriff and one deputy. We have a traffic control light in my town, county seat, it flashes yellow east and west and red north and south.
We have 4 high schools in the county, combined they graduate 8o+/- each year. Here the sheriff is the sheriff and coroner and fire marshall and a slew of other collateral jobs.

DoubleD----- Well said, thank you!!!!!!!

Mooseman
08-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Posting info as to a Law that either exists or DID exist is NOT racism in any form...IT IS INFORMATION. Nobody here said we should go out and shoot Indians even if they are in groups of six or more...
There are many Laws on the books that are silly in many states.

waksupi
08-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Go look them up yourself.
http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/montana
I didn't mention any names. Guess I didn't have to!

Since I'm a Metis, and these two things are standard jokes at pow wows, just where do they go out of line?

Wayne Smith
08-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Come On, guys! Given that Waksupi IS an Indian, it is hardly racist to point out something that may directly affect him!

waksupi
08-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Guess I should just go back to the Rez, and stay in my place.

flounderman
08-04-2012, 07:35 PM
anybody looking for work should look around williston nd. plenty of work but not much housing.

fatnhappy
08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Come On, guys! Given that Waksupi IS an Indian, it is hardly racist to point out something that may directly affect him!

Hardly. If you know Ric at all you'd realize he doesn't have a sufficient number of friends to be in any danger.

:kidding:

Guesser
08-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Traffic jam @ Taco Johns; we don't got no stinking taco johns, or any other fast food, 'less you consider mule deer fast.

The Double D
08-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Traffic jam @ Taco Johns; we don't got no stinking taco johns, or any other fast food, 'less you consider mule deer fast.

Sorry, us big city folks just like to brag.....

Beerd
08-06-2012, 02:17 PM
getting back to the original post,

Beau, what kind of work are you in?

clodhopper
08-06-2012, 05:46 PM
You don't need a lisence to practice in Montana, just get a membership to the local range and practice all you want!

Beau Cassidy
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Update- I really like this place. Other than housing the cost of living isn't too bad. There are several gun stores around and one actually has good prices on guns and powder. Tomorrow I will be stopping by the Cooper Rifle place in Stevensville. I only saw one injun since arriving and he was at McDonalds. It was a good sight to see a bunch of mounted elk at the Missoula airport.

Coming from a state with 9 1/2% sales tax to one with NO sales tax, it is refreshingly different to actually pay what something costs!

clodhopper
08-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Montana will get it from you in the form of property taxes.
Or rent high enough to cover the owner's property taxes.
Wecome to Montana Beau, but now that you are here, tell all your out of state freinds
MONTANA SUCKS! because if they all move here, Montana will suck

Guesser
08-09-2012, 08:04 AM
I returned to Montana after I retired the second time. This time I settled east of the divide. I spent 20 years in Eastern Idaho, working, owning property. Retired moved to Mt., after 4 years + I have done a cost comparison analysis of my living costs as closely associated as possible. Montana is costing me 5%+/- more to live on a monthly basis than Idaho. I don't find that prohibitive. I could have chosen California, or New Jersey, or Florida. But I grew up in Montana, graduated from Stevensville High in 1963, had to come home, just couldn't find the Bitterroot valley I left in '63, so I came east to the big river.