PDA

View Full Version : Casa de beagle

beagle
05-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Boys, I'll be out of the net for a couple of weeks.

Finally realized my dream of my owm place in the country. I close tomorrow on 52+ acres, river running through the front yard, deer, plenty of small game. Yeah there's room for maybe 200 yards if I shoot across the river. 12 X 40 shed with concrete floor that will be my reloading empire.

The first load of lead and reloading bench stuff is on the pickup as we speak.

Buckshot, if you still had old Toby, you could riide him out for a visit and I'd fatten him up.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks./beagle

Uncle Grinch
05-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Beagle,

You make me a sinner as I am jealous of your new abode!!

Good luck setting things up. This should be a good time to organize your stuff like you really want it.

sundog
05-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Beagle, Hooah, Sergeant Major! Hooah.

USARO4
05-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Beagle, congrats, tell us what part of the world your place is located in when you return.

1Shirt
05-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Hang tough John, In 6 mo. the mizery of the move will be over, and the joy of being where you are will be a realization! 1Shirt!:coffeecom

Buckshot
05-07-2007, 10:36 PM
..............Is there a house 'n' everthang, or are ya gonna move in a couple travel trailers and hook'em together :-) ?

................Buckshot

beagle
05-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Closed today...it's mine, paid for and the first milk crate of WW ingots are setting in my new reloading shed.

Its about two miles south of Perryville, KY.

Old 150 year old renovated farm house, two barns, no house within 1/4 mile.

I'm a happy camper tonight.

Now, I got to get some old cars to set up on blocks in the yard and some washing machines for the front porch. Got to get me a double wide even if it's just for show. Couple of hound dogs for the yard and under the porch. Us redneck hillbillies got to maintain an image.

Lot of moving to do before I decorate though./beagle

MT Gianni
05-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Nice going Beagle, don't forget the sign "we shoot every third salesman and the second one just left". Gianni

Lee
05-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Don' ferget the 'ngine block hangin' from the tree in tha front yard! It's simple statements like that say "Martha Stewart Don't live here!".
Enjoy!.....................................Lee;-)

Bigscot
05-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Closed today...it's mine, paid for and the first milk crate of WW ingots are setting in my new reloading shed.

Its about two miles south of Perryville, KY.

Old 150 year old renovated farm house, two barns, no house within 1/4 mile.

I'm a happy camper tonight.

Now, I got to get some old cars to set up on blocks in the yard and some washing machines for the front porch. Got to get me a double wide even if it's just for show. Couple of hound dogs for the yard and under the porch. Us redneck hillbillies got to maintain an image.

Lot of moving to do before I decorate though./beagle

You can't hide money.

Bigscot

drinks
05-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Don't forget the commode flower planter and the pink, plastic flamingos!
Do it right.
;D

kenjuudo
05-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Ya just gotta put a couple of boolit holes through the mail box!

jim

BerdanIII
05-08-2007, 07:31 PM
It's really pretty around Perryville. I was in L'ville on business and took a day trip to the battlefield. Plus, you're not too far from Bardstown.

Bigjohn
05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Beagle, If'n ya needin' a huntin' dawg, I got three I'm lookin to get rid of you can take ya pick or maybe all three.[smilie=1:
Picture attached.

John.

You ain't a redneck without onea these.

sundog
05-08-2007, 08:36 PM
That's Maybelle on the left. No good for rabbits. Harvey, there, is in the middle, not worth a flip - sleeps under the front porch all day. And, of course, our Junior. Poor lil ole thang just kinda got left out when everone else was being handed life's presents. Well, maybe the other two missed out a little, too.

Beagle, my friend, friendly as they are, y'all better rethank this'un. Not even sho if any of'em kin make it back cross the crick afore dinner time even if'n they wusta chase anythang down inta the woods....

btw, Junior is kinda partial ta Moon Pies. Banana.... Smiles right nice.

MT Gianni
05-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Shame on you BigJohn. Around here they are what's known as the Montana State Cheerleaders. Gianni.

onceabull
05-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Shame on you,Montana Gianni. I remember well a lady in Spearfish who was soo o o o proud of going to Montana State...!!!.. [smilie=1: Onceabull

carpetman
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey Sgt Major---sounds like you are in the dog house. Paid for already---great. I paid mine off on my birthday 1994 and it's been a great feeling every since---well ok once a year I have to scrape up for property tax and once a year for the insurance---but don't have that monthly stuff anymore.

Scrounger
05-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey Sgt Major---sounds like you are in the dog house. Paid for already---great. I paid mine off on my birthday 1994 and it's been a great feeling every since---well ok once a year I have to scrape up for property tax and once a year for the insurance---but don't have that monthly stuff anymore.

Biggest little sheep ranch in Texas.

KYCaster
05-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Big John: Don't EVER judge a coon dog (or squirrel dog) (or any other dog for that matter) by what he looks like layin' under the porch. Put him on a scent before you judge him, you may be surprised.

There are few things more satisfying than a hunting dog that understands what its master wants him to do.

Jerry

carpetman
05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
KYCaster---You sure got that right,don't judge a dog by how it looks laying under the porch. A guy went out with a friend and was impressed with his coon dogs and decided he'd get one. He asked his friend what breed should he get? The friend said doesn't matter what breed as long as he has a long curly tail where his anus(butt) shows and has a large anus. With this in mind the guy spotted a dog alongside the road and it had a curly tail so he got out to give it an anus check. Farmer comes to fence and asked if he could help him. Guy said he was looking for a coon dog. Farmer said that's a good one there--sell him fairly cheap. Guy said this is not a good coon dog. Farmer asked how he knew. Guy said he has to have a long curly tail like this dog has,but also has to have a large anus and he has a small one. Farmer said I was going to tell you about that. There is a wrench that comes with him and he is adjusted for squirrel right now.

beagle
05-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea. Have to get me one of them. May sit it by the road and put a mailbox on it. I could use the tank for UPS shipments./beagle

Don't forget the commode flower planter and the pink, plastic flamingos!
Do it right.
;D

shooter2
05-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Beagle called me last night while sitting on his new "patio" and looking over his land. You hear the contentment in his voice. Well done Sir!

Boz330
05-11-2007, 08:39 AM
There sure is some pretty country over that way (Perryville). The best thing is your own free and clear land though. Hard to believe that I paid almost as much for my last pickup as I did for my 30 acres, house and 3 barns. I can still remember the banker asking was I sure that I could afford $186.25 a month.

Bob

nelsonted1
05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Dad swears the only way to spot a good dog is to pry his mouth open and look at the roof of his mouth. If it is black it's a good dog. Any other color it's good for someone else ie worthless.

TED

nelsonted1
05-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I used to repo homes in Eastern KY- an eye opener I'll tell you. One day I was scouting around looking for a home the owner wanted to refinance. I, in my hard earned wisdom, stopped the instant I realized I couldn't find it.

I drove up to a three foot chain link fence that was set up on the edge of the road. THere are no ditches here- fences go up less than an inch from pavement. I rolled down the window and asked the old man sitting on a chair leaned back against the house. He wouldn't answer any kind of question just sat there grinning at me. I knew he could hear me since he was only four feet away. Then I realized he was soft- probably only lost his smile grimacing during a bowel evacuation although babies smile when they do that.

All of a sudden the door bangs open, a flood of naked little grimacers came roaring out jumping off the porch. Then comes Dad rolling up a loaded diaper and throws it at me. I **** my own diaper, almost. The throw came up short landing between the edge of the porch and the fence. Then dogs, pigs and chickens came roaring, squealing and cawing out piling into the diaper.

The Dad goes "you need to go up the hollow two homes on the left" That's what I did- left.

When I got to my home there was a man on the steps with his face in his hands. Oh, boy I said to myself someone died. He looked up when he heard me. His face looked like a raccoon. He was clean around his mouth, nose and eyes but coal black everywhere else- he was a mine worker. I didn't laugh mostly cause he wanted to give us money but he was really funny looking. I was wondering looking at him how his home looked. I got inside to find the cleanest home I had ever been in.

Goes to show one never knows what to expect. LIke an old school bus with a second floor made out of plywood.

TED