PDA

View Full Version : Gussy

Pilgrim
05-06-2007, 11:45 AM
I know I'm prolly WAY late in checking, but are the morels out and available or are they already gone? Did the fires wipe out the crop for the next few years? THX Pilgrim

johniv
05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Morels are on the way out here, dident do much, seemed too dry . Found a few today , pretty small and dried up.( I am prolly lookin in the wrong places)
John

Gussy
05-07-2007, 01:50 PM
They are thick in the burned areas. Best crop in anyones memory. They are working their way up to the higher elevations as the weather warms. Right now, weather forecast is for sun and warm so many more will be coming up. This area has never seen a fire, at least nothing of this size.
Gus

Lloyd Smale
05-07-2007, 02:45 PM
somebody needs to dry a bunch out and send them to this poor crippled up old man!!! I surely wont be able to go picking this year. Maybe dad will come through for me. The problem we have is morel season peaks right with tick season and dad dont like those ticks!

Halfbreed
05-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Lloyd, get your dad an attack goose, they love those ticks and other tasty little pests. Plus they always make a good guard bird, and thanksgiving dinner.LOL
John

Gussy
05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, the commercial pickers showed up and................ There are still some out there, but now it's more of a hunt and less in the bag. Never did pick more than a meal or two. Never have tried drying them. The cauliflower type will be showing up soon.
Gus

Pilgrim
05-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Gussy - At the 11th hour, just before I load up the truck with 5 gallon buckets to head your way, SWMBO informs me she doesn't like morels. This after almost 40 years of marriage. Why do women hide these really important details from their husbands? She allowed she would like to go to Dayton, but I asked her why and she didn't have an answer. I suppose we could study up on the John Deere dealers inventory...{:o)...........Pilgrim

Gussy
05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
To late. The John Deere dealer closed shop a couple of years back (:>)!! You could look at all the old historic houses, court house, old depot. Lots of antique shops, food spots, good bakery (my down fall). Maybe bring a fishing rod and hit the tucannon lakes for trout.
Gus